PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Back from HTC repair...with specs (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56041)

jamz 02-02-2009 09:13 PM

Back from HTC repair...with specs

Just got my pro back from HTC. It died 5 days after getting it for Xmas. The main board was replaced. Since it was a new board the ESN was changed, Sprint could not activate as the ESN was not in their system. Have to call PCD tomorrow to get ESN into system.

If anyone is interested here are some of my specs:

Software Version: 1.03.651.4
Firmware Version: 1.03.15F
Hardware Version: 0002
PRI Version : 1.47.003
Build Date : 21-Jan-2009

Have not played with it much as I just got it back today but it seems to be running very fast and responsive..

Later...Jamz

frazell 02-02-2009 09:18 PM

Re: Back from HTC repair...with specs

Just curious...

So you did you repair through HTC directly and not through Sprint's Repair shops?

How did you do that? Did you go through UTStarcom first?

Rusty Duck 02-02-2009 09:22 PM

Same question here, why didn't you go to the Sprint store and get a new one?

jamz 02-02-2009 09:35 PM

Well its a long story....the girlfriend bought it new from an Ebay seller. When the phone died, I called Sprint and they said that because I purchased it from an unauthorized vendor and not from an authorized vendor like "Radio Shack" or "Best Buy" for example, they couldn't do anything for me. The original purchaser "Ebay Seller" had to send it in.

Plan A: Well of course I had no luck with the Ebay seller. I then decided to contact HTC and did not mention where I got the phone only that it was new and explained the issues. I read serial number to the HTC tech and he said it didnt look correct which had me worried it was a referb advertised as new from the Ebay seller. Next I was to send it to PCD with a note describing the issues and wait to see the outcome. Well after about 1 month I finally received it today with a new main board.

Plan B: If HTC/PCD had issues with warranty "possible referb" I would get the phone back and use TEP $50 even though it was new because I wasn't the original purchaser.

Luckily Plan A worked out..

Jamz

510jungleboy 02-02-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamz (Post 685378)
Just got my pro back from HTC. It died 5 days after getting it for Xmas. The main board was replaced. Since it was a new board the ESN was changed, Sprint could not activate as the ESN was not in their system. Have to call PCD tomorrow to get ESN into system.

If anyone is interested here are some of my specs:

Software Version: 1.03.651.4
Firmware Version: 1.03.15F
Hardware Version: 0002
PRI Version : 1.47.003
Build Date : 21-Jan-2009

Have not played with it much as I just got it back today but it seems to be running very fast and responsive..

Later...Jamz

Check to see if radio works. :laughing3:

jamz 02-02-2009 10:01 PM

Well I don't see the FM radio application listed in Programs so if its somewhere its hidden or not available.

jamz

ruskiyab 02-02-2009 10:16 PM

Next time you call sprint. Don't tell them you got it on ebay

jamz 02-02-2009 10:34 PM

Well Sprint kept asking where I bought it every time I called them..so not knowing what type if any verification might have been done I had to tell the truth..:---)I assume...

jamz

Scrotum 02-02-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamz (Post 685534)
Well Sprint kept asking where I bought it every time I called them..so not knowing what type if any verification might have been done I had to tell the truth..:---)I assume...

jamz

Then you should have told them it was given as a gift. You would't be lying since your gf bought it, you would have just omitted a little bit of information.

thacounty 02-02-2009 10:41 PM

I have bought almost every phone I have ever had from ebay. Sucks you had this problem, because they have always said I see when I told them I purchased from Ebay. Never caused me a problem. Try out FM Radio. Look around for cab.