PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Symmetrical body design = holster in + out??

My mogul/Titan was a pretty symmetrical device, which means that most plastic holsters I found could fit the device inwards-facing as well as outwards.

This was important to me because when I mount my holster on my car dashboard (I have a hook that I put in to clip it to), I want to have it face-out to use in the car. Then, when I take it inside, I flip it around and clip it onto my hip face-in to protect the screen.

The Touch Pro seems pretty symmetrical, (at least the Sprint one, with the rounded edges does- not sure about the hard-cornered other models)... I'm wondering if I buy a plastic holster, if it will allow me to clip facing in as well as out?

I asked some people that sell the cases, but they all told me it fits whatever way the item description says only. They said the same thing about the Mogul/Titan cases. Has anyone who has one of these tried flipping it around?
Old 02-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Symmetrical body design = holster in + out??

I have not tried using a plastic case, but it is possible, yes, that you can flip it and it will attach both ways.. If possible, try using the case before you buy it to make sure you can..
Old 02-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just tried it with mine and it worked. I have the case/clip combo from seido.

Edit: It would however have to be modified for a charger to plug in.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Threadstarter

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Awesome, thanks... That's what I figured.

I'm looking for the cheapo < $10 ones tho, so I wouldn't be be able to try it until I purchased and had it shipped to me. But looking at the phone, and how the case clips, I'd think it would work. Unless maybe the top of the clip won't hold on to the curved backside of the Tpro's battery cover on Sprint.

I've always bought the $5 cheapo ebay holsters for this exact purpose, and they've never steered me wrong for using in the car dashboard. I'm just hoping it can occasionally do double-duty and fit face-in as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro