PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint: Can't upgrade/update Pocket Express on TP. UPDATE> Found manual way to update

As I use Pocket Express these days, I see that a new version is available. I downloaded it and try to update the shipped version, and receive the error "...the previous version cannot be removed..."

I've seen the same problem with I used the Pocket Express .cab found in the Touch Pro ROM on the Diamond. I later discovered that the .cab is flagged for "no uninstall".

I can't seem to properly install the new version. I tried to manually remove EVERYTHING (file system, registry, and everything else referenced in the install cab), but something remains that keeps me from installing the new version.

Has anyone seen the same, and/or know of a solution?

Thanks!

UPDATE & EDIT: See post 5 below for workaround. I am still interested in being able to properly deinstall if someone knows how.

Last edited by snovvman; 01-24-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:42 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Sprint: Can't upgrade/update Pocket Express on TP, please advise.

No clue... I hate pocket express though...

Old 01-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
As I use Pocket Express these days, I see that a new version is available. I downloaded it and try to update the shipped version, and receive the error "...the previous version cannot be removed..."

I've seen the same problem with I used the Pocket Express .cab found in the Touch Pro ROM on the Diamond. I later discovered that the .cab is flagged for "no uninstall".

I can't seem to properly install the new version. I tried to manually remove EVERYTHING (file system, registry, and everything else referenced in the install cab), but something remains that keeps me from installing the new version.

Has anyone seen the same, and/or know of a solution?

Thanks!
I have no clue either, but can I ask what you actually use pocket express for? All of the other programs out there are way better, pocket express is so weak.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

donkeythekidd is keeping up the good workdonkeythekidd is keeping up the good work

The same thing happend to me when I tried to update. When I restarted it again and checked for newer updates it said I had the latest one. Version 4.26.28 What version do you have?

Last edited by donkeythekidd; 01-24-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I have no clue either, but can I ask what you actually use pocket express for? All of the other programs out there are way better, pocket express is so weak.
I use it for weather, ski report, news, and stock. It works fine for me. The weather report is actually fairly good. I also use Weather Panel, but PE has its uses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeythekidd View Post
The same thing happend to me when I tried to update. When I restarted it again and checked for newer updates it said I had the latest one. Version 4.26.28 What version do you have?
Mine is 4.26.18. I have the newer .cab but can't install it. I may extract the .exe and .dll and just replace the files.

EDIT: 4.26.28 is the latest version, released around 9-Jan-2009. BTW, the Today plug-in still does not work.

- - -

Another thing I noticed is that the Pocket Express Today plug in does not work (I am not using TF3D). Anyone else has tried and failed with the Today plug in?

Thanks.

EDIT: I manually extracted all the files and copied them over the previous version, and now I am on 4.26.28. Everything works except Today plug-in (as before).

ANOTHER EDIT: I have all the extracted files in their proper directory structure. If somone needs to update PE, the manual copy-over works. I will post the files here if there is interest.

Last edited by snovvman; 01-24-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

hzha is a n00b
Re: Sprint: Can't upgrade/update Pocket Express on TP. UPDATE> Found manual way to up

I am having the exact same problem. Can you post the files for manual copy-over? I would like to have a try.

Thank you.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Sprint: Can't upgrade/update Pocket Express on TP. UPDATE> Found manual way to up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzha View Post
I am having the exact same problem. Can you post the files for manual copy-over? I would like to have a try.

Thank you.
I will post the files tonight or tomorrow. Copying the files worked great. I am now on the latest version.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

File attached herein.

In the rar package, you will see the "[INSTALLDIR]" directory. For most Touch Pros, it is device\Program Files\Handmark\Express

1) Make sure PE is not running, a soft reset might be good
2) Copy/overwrite all of the files from the package (found in the [INSTALLDIR] directory) directly into \Program Files\Handmark\Express
3) Launch PE and verify that you are on version 4.26.18.

Note, for those who have installed PE to the MicroSD or Diamonds that have installed to Internal Storage, copy all of the files to \MicroSD\Program Files\Handmark\Express or \Internal Storage\Program Files\Handmark\Express. Then copy/overwrite Pexshell.dll from the Express directory to \Device\Program Files\Handmark\Express.

There does not seem to be many people who use PE. If there are people who want to do this update, and can't figure out how to do the file copy, post here and I will cab up the files as an installer.

Cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: rar PocketExpress4-26-18Extracted.rar (1.18 MB, 39 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro