PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Dyno program for touch pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=55932)

executor485 02-02-2009 09:55 AM

Dyno program for touch pro?

I'm looking for something very similar to the dynolicious program on the iPhone that estimates your car's HP, TQ, 1/4 mile, etc... I know the iPhone has a bigger fanbase, so its going to have more stuff, but everything that is required for a program like this is present in the Touch Pro (accelerometer and such)...
Has anyone run across anything like this for the Touch Pro or even know what I'm talking about?

stanglifemike 02-02-2009 11:35 AM

Re: Dyno program for touch pro?

I would absolutely LOVE a program like this!!!!!!!!

Bilybobjef 02-02-2009 11:43 AM

There are 2 programs over on XDA, Gmeter and pocket Gforce, but I haven't had a chance to play with them and I don't think they are nearly as robust as what I've read about Dynolicious. I'm keeping my fingers crossed he'll port it to Windows Mobile but for some reason in that sites forums I read they are going after the Blackberry next.

mp3ster 02-02-2009 11:54 AM

Ive just installed gmeter last night, ill post up how well it works in the crown vic today and post back up!

stanglifemike 02-02-2009 12:33 PM

I couldnt get Gmeter to do much without paying the $20 donation to get the key.

executor485 02-02-2009 12:50 PM

I'm hoping to get something because I want to get a base reading my car before I do some of the modifications that I've got in store for it. Get a before and after, sure it wont be 100% accurate, but just something close enough to make it work.
Amazing how much support the iPhone gets for crazy stuff like this, and how little WM gets on cutting edge play things... lol

Cicatrize 02-02-2009 12:55 PM

If I knew how to interface with the accelerometer in vb.net, I think I'd have fun coding something like this.

Now that my '05 Mustang GT is gone and I drive a Civic...I'm not sure how much I care anymore though. lol

executor485 02-02-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicatrize (Post 684304)
If I knew how to interface with the accelerometer in vb.net, I think I'd have fun coding something like this.

Now that my '05 Mustang GT is gone and I drive a Civic...I'm not sure how much I care anymore though. lol

If your really interested in that, I would say talk to the Klaxxon guy who made the G-Alarm program. He's been able to get the accelerometer to work with G-Alarm, so he might be able to give you some pointers on where to start.
I wouldnt mind programming something for it, but I am way too busy with other projects right now to get into something like this. And I'm not exactly sure where I'd start either, lol... Lots of math formula's and the like :)

stanglifemike 02-02-2009 01:31 PM

Ageye made G-Alarm

Cicatrize 02-02-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executor485 (Post 684317)
If your really interested in that, I would say talk to the Klaxxon guy who made the G-Alarm program. He's been able to get the accelerometer to work with G-Alarm, so he might be able to give you some pointers on where to start.
I wouldnt mind programming something for it, but I am way too busy with other projects right now to get into something like this. And I'm not exactly sure where I'd start either, lol... Lots of math formula's and the like :)

The formulas can all be found online at a lot of racing sites.