PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

View Poll Results: What has happened when you kept stuff?
I kept everything except for the phone itself and didn't get charged for anything. 34 55.74%
I kept everything except for the phone itself and was charged for the items. 1 1.64%
I kept everything except for the phone itself and was only asked to send back the items. 1 1.64%
Never tried, so I don't know. 25 40.98%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood
Exchanging Phones... what can I keep?

So, I have a replacement Touch Pro coming in the mail to replace my currently messed up one [the wheel does not respond, and decides to do its own thing by randomly zooming/enlarging/decreasing font size in opera/email/txt].

ANYWAY, what can I keep? Am I allowed to just keep the back cover and battery if they come with extra ones, or would they charge me extra for that?
I know the accessories are free to keep, but yeah, can I keep those two things?
Old 02-02-2009, 12:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Exchanging Phones... what can I keep?

I have heard people just sending the phone itself back, keeping the cover and battery and not getting charged. But then some are asked or charged for the non-returned items.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

aprilarchambeau is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to aprilarchambeau Send a message via Yahoo to aprilarchambeau

I talked with Sprint about this, done this before also, I HATE going to our sorporate store, its over an hour away, I was told by the rep in account services the phone only, you can keep the battery, cover, cables, charger, memory card and all. A sprint rep at the store also told me that, they only need the phone back ....Been doing this for years.. Hope that helps
Old 02-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilarchambeau View Post
I talked with Sprint about this, done this before also, I HATE going to our sorporate store, its over an hour away, I was told by the rep in account services the phone only, you can keep the battery, cover, cables, charger, memory card and all. A sprint rep at the store also told me that, they only need the phone back ....Been doing this for years.. Hope that helps
I'll give this a whirl. My replacement is coming in tommorrow. If they decide to charge me for the accessories, i'll jus tell them that the local sprint rep , said to jsut send in the phone only.

Edited: I agree with you about this too , because otherwise the repair store wouldn't have those extra accessories to hand out....ex. battery cover..

Last edited by 510jungleboy; 02-02-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

aprilarchambeau is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to aprilarchambeau Send a message via Yahoo to aprilarchambeau

Yea, I would definitely do that, they are not gonna charge you anyways, if they do, tell them to call me, I will get the charges taken off for ya
Old 02-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilarchambeau View Post
Yea, I would definitely do that, they are not gonna charge you anyways, if they do, tell them to call me, I will get the charges taken off for ya
I'll keep this in mind. (I hope to get a new build TP tommorrow with everything flushed)
Old 02-02-2009, 08:04 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Looks like the honest folks are prevailing!

Old 02-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work
Returning a sprint phone - to sprint or best buy? whole box?

Do I return the phone to sprint or best buy? i prefer sprint as I'd probably get the newest build, no?

Can I return the whole box or just the phone? i'd like to get all new supplies. i don't want a phone without the protection cover.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Returning a sprint phone - to sprint or best buy? whole box?

I would recommend Bet Buy
Old 02-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work
Re: Returning a sprint phone - to sprint or best buy? whole box?

Not sure how BB works, BUT with Sprint it depends on the store and what you bring back. If all you bring back it the phone, your will only get the phone not the supplies. If you bring back everything, you MIGHT get a full trade of all new supplies and the new phone. A 1:1 exchange.

Now if you go to a Sprint store, and talk to them nicely, you mihgt get them to give you the supplies, but if all you are looking for is the screen protector, they may have a few around that they will give you.... but the key here is to ask nicely...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro