PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Found Broken HTC TOUCH PRO.. What DO i DO? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=55866)

bbarrene 02-01-2009 05:55 PM

Found Broken HTC TOUCH PRO.. What DO i DO?

A few days ago, I was walking outside of my house to my car. As I opened the door, I happened to look down and see a phone case on the floor. I though "Great. A new phone case." What I did not expect was a touch pro inside of the case.

The screen is broken and I am not sure if its locked. What do you think I should do.

I have the TEP for my phone. Would it possible to use that to get it fixed? I do not want to go to the Repair Center and have them take it away because it was reported lost.

Does anyone know how to get into the phone to bring up contacts to see if i could find a phone number of the owner? I would like to return to the owner if I could get a hold of them.

Rusty Duck 02-01-2009 05:58 PM

Re: Found Broken HTC TOUCH PRO.. What DO i DO?

Think about what you are saying... I am sure you would want someone to return your phone if it was lost. :)

pzztgotbagz 02-01-2009 05:59 PM

taht would depends if the previous owner has already filed a claim or not if so them ur screwed if not wait a week put it on ur account then file a claim

HBOOT 02-01-2009 05:59 PM

Gee man, get the phone number off of it, call the owner and make someone happy....how come you didnt think of that?

holymoly 02-01-2009 05:59 PM

Do the right thing, return it to the store. Maybe they'll let you keep it if nobody claims it. Imagine if that was your Touch Pro that somebody found laying on the ground, you'd want it to be returned too.

Indie 02-01-2009 05:59 PM

First thing I'd do is make sure it wasn't mine LOL

bbarrene 02-01-2009 06:00 PM

I was trying to but the phone screen is cracked. No way to tell.

bbarrene 02-01-2009 06:01 PM

Actually. I have lost my phone and some lucky guy seems to have it right now. I will return but do not want it falling to the wrong hands.

Indie 02-01-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbarrene (Post 683064)
Actually. I have lost my phone and some lucky guy seems to have it right now. I will return but do not want it falling to the wrong hands.

Wait....you lost your phone, and you found one just outside your house?

Let's call the detective in.

bbarrene 02-01-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 683058)
Gee man, get the phone number off of it, call the owner and make someone happy....how come you didnt think of that?

Thought about it. Phone screen is cracked and wont show screen. No way of telling.