PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue
Re: Found Broken HTC TOUCH PRO.. What DO i DO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by platin465 View Post
Notice that in the title it says Broken. So it would be pretty hard for him to look up numbers, etc., unless he does it through the PC or TV. Additionally, one of his questions is how to go about getting a hold of the owner. Let's please skip the bashing him for thus far unfounded ideas that he's trying to find a way to keep the phone for himself.

You could open the keyboard, hit the phone button on the bottom left on the face of the phone, and dial your phone number using the keyboard (may or may not need area code too), then hit the phone button again. If it calls you, then the person has not gotten around to correcting the problem. You could then call the phone number that comes up on caller ID, and leave a voice mail stating you have the phone, etc.

If it does not call you, you could go to a sprint (or the actual carrier if it's someone else) store and ask them for a spare headphone adapter cable, which you can then use to make one of these tv out cables:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46608

Somewhere on there it shows you can just pop the thing open (It's just glued together), and cut the blue wire... or was it the red... I think it's the blue, just read it if you get to this point.

Anyway, feel free to ask for more help if you need it! Welcome to the community by the way!
Not true he can use a program called pocket controller shows the phones display on your pc in a window. If you have seen the wrongness in your question and want to return the phone to the owner grab that program. when asked to check device waite 5 seconds and then hit the circle it will install to device. Then connect.

Last edited by dcperdue; 02-02-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I am totally at a loss as to why the OP has not posted that the phone has been returned to the Sprint store or that he used MyMobiler to get the number of the owner and called him/her to let them know he found thier phone.

C'mon, do the right thing. I damn well know that you wish the person who found your lost phone would have. Don't do the same thing to someone else...
Old 02-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indie View Post
Wait....you lost your phone, and you found one just outside your house?

Let's call the detective in.
Have you not looked at the ESN# on the phone, and checked the ESN# on your box or reciept to see if it is indeed your phone? Or are you gonna say "I don't have the box or reciept." Then if it is indeed not your phone, return the f'n thing to a store and let's all move on.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

if you found it outside by your car would it be safe to assume it belongs to someone you know?
Old 02-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

I was walking to my office and as I opened the door I found this thread laying on the floor between my desk and office chair.

Does anyone know what I should do with this thread? Should I close it? Maybe I can get the "Thread-ESN" and port this thread to another site?

To the OP, just do the right thing and take it to a Sprint store. Be done with it!!!

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro