PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Found Broken HTC TOUCH PRO.. What DO i DO?

wow just sync it and go through the phones contacts find one that says home and bam your good to go
Old 02-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Threadstarter

bbarrene is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
wow just sync it and go through the phones contacts find one that says home and bam your good to go

Tried that.. Would not work.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Wingzfan is becoming a great contributor

Hook it up to your pc and grab the contacts list and see if theres a "home" number or "wife", "Husband" etc.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

isnt there a program that allows you to see the screen on your comp start it up and run that program
Old 02-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Verizon

Nativedude is a n00b

They could, but are usually too lazy, most people have filed an insurance claim so they keep them and refurbish them
Old 02-01-2009, 07:03 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee79 View Post
I would think that a carrier would be able to track down the owner with the ESN number or the sim card depending on what version it is. The sync solution sounds really smart too.
ESN no doubt is marked as bad if the phone was reported lost/stolen, so it's worthless. You can earn karma points buy turning it into the carrier. No doubt you know which carrier it is. They will be able to find its owner in about 5 seconds.

If you don't turn it in and you try and sell it, you're selling stolen goods. I don't think that will end well for you, or if not you for whomever is unfortunate enough to buy it.

Just turn it in. Or toss it in the can (you can steal, er, keep the sd card, of course)

I sure hope if I ever lose my phone someone turns it in.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
isnt there a program that allows you to see the screen on your comp start it up and run that program
You mean MyMobiler? http://www.mymobiler.com/

YEah that'll do the trick, as long as it can establish an activesync connection, it'll show the screen...
Old 02-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

Here is the simplest way to get it taken care of.

If it's a sprint TP :

Call customer service , tell them you found a phone , give them the ESN of that phone and they will find out who it belongs to , and hopefully they will tell you to drop it off at one of the store , and customer can go pick it up. Even though it's no good cause it' damaged.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

akijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good work

Yeah use pocket controller pro or mymobiler to get around the screen issue.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:04 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

was also gonna post my mobiler too. when my phones screen cracked thats what i used to backup my contacts and such. works pefectly. even installs on its own so you dont have to do anything touching wise. so there is really no excuse to not be able to return it unless you cant find anything in the contacts.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro