PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
new page PagePool

im new to the whole page pool thing. i was able to locate and flash the infamous juicy 4.7 ROM. I havnt really let run too much to see how i like like it before i ran across page pooling. ive seen a lot of threads and they all go back and forth forth as far as perfmace. i could be wrong but i think ive noticed that its kind of a give and take. you either get more RAM or more performance. I noticed with my own device when i lowered the pagepool it gave me more RAM when i changed it from 25mb to 15mb but ive heard others say that if you raise it you get better performance. so i raised to 50mb as i seen posted in one of these threads and naturally seen less RAM. now being that am computer savvy i always thought that more RAM assisted in more performance. Ive read that 4.7 is one of the most stable ROMS available. so should i just leave it as is? lastly and most importantly, how does adjusting the page pool affect the battery? sorry for maybe a repeat post but i just wanted to plead my individual case.... Mod feel free to move if neccessary
Old 02-01-2009, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

keaolyen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkeaolyen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkeaolyen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: new page PagePool

Which TP do you have? If Sprint you can set it to 0 and let Dynamic Pagepool handle it...
Old 02-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yeah. i have sprint. so setting it to dynamic the best reccomendation? what about battery life? how is it affected by this?
Old 02-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I honestly set it to 48 dynamic and that does the best for me.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

What are you using to change the Page Pool?
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 02-02-2009, 04:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
What are you using to change the Page Pool?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=323269

Also does anyone know how to edit a thread once posted? I meant to title this "new to pagepooling"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro