PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Watching movies from the TP on the TV made easy.

OK so I was playin around with my Touch Pro and I always have movies on my 16gb SD Card for those BORING moments at a family reunion when you cant ever find anything good on TV. I was at my mothers house and did not have anything to watch. I did not take my tv out cable but I did have my usb cable with me so I thought " there has to be a way to watch this movies on the tv with sorround sound. Well just happens that my little brother has an XBOX 360 connected. I plugged in my TP to it using the USB cable and selected the Mass storage device option on the TP. On the XBOX360 I selected to play movie from the storage drive and IT WORKED!!!

hope this helps anyone and if you already knew this then awesome.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Watching movies from the TP on the TV made easy.

Dude.
Buy the video-out cable, and you can hook the TP directly into ANY TV. No X-box required.

By the way, your solution is no better than when I take out my SD card and play in my set-top box, or for the heck of it, get a cheapo 4gb USB keychain, and plug THAT into the Xbox. No Touch Pro required... :/
Old 02-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro

cjmedina is keeping up the good workcjmedina is keeping up the good work

thats pretty cool was it just video? or could you do pics and mp3s?

[/U]
Old 02-01-2009, 12:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
OK so I was playin around with my Touch Pro and I always have movies on my 16gb SD Card for those BORING moments at a family reunion when you cant ever find anything good on TV. .
LOL, how come there is never football on at times like that???

That's what I use Sling Mobile for........

~John
Old 02-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
Dude.
Buy the video-out cable, and you can hook the TP directly into ANY TV. No X-box required.

By the way, your solution is no better than when I take out my SD card and play in my set-top box, or for the heck of it, get a cheapo 4gb USB keychain, and plug THAT into the Xbox. No Touch Pro required... :/
The OP post reads as if he has a video out cable, but just forgot it. Way to be a d*ck....

Thanks for the tip, OP.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Dude.

well I was just sharing information. Obviously you did not read correctly I said I did not have the tv out cable with me.. I have a tv out cable but I dont carry it with me all the time. Also why would I get a usb keychain when I have a 16gb SD Card with my TP... anyway "Dude" it was just a sharing info thread so chill.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
The OP post reads as if he has a video out cable, but just forgot it. Way to be a d*ck....

Thanks for the tip, OP.
Wow you post faster..lol

Looks like you DID read correctly..lol

Thanks for the post.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

Quote:
Dude.

It seems that everyone misunderstood what the OP wanted. He wanted SURROUND SOUND !! Please read carefully. He could have used his video out cable , but he also wanted bigger sound.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, EVO!

class1c is just getting started

dude thank you. i thought about trying that out and forgot. im glad i saw this post.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

yea It works great with the xbox I plug it in a play music on my xbox off my phone, while the xbox charges it, I also use wmwifirouter to get on live all the time, no lags either very impressive

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro