PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Watching movies from the TP on the TV made easy. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=55823)

ivan1.ruiz 02-01-2009 11:55 AM

Watching movies from the TP on the TV made easy.

OK so I was playin around with my Touch Pro and I always have movies on my 16gb SD Card for those BORING moments at a family reunion when you cant ever find anything good on TV. I was at my mothers house and did not have anything to watch. I did not take my tv out cable but I did have my usb cable with me so I thought " there has to be a way to watch this movies on the tv with sorround sound. Well just happens that my little brother has an XBOX 360 connected. I plugged in my TP to it using the USB cable and selected the Mass storage device option on the TP. On the XBOX360 I selected to play movie from the storage drive and IT WORKED!!!

hope this helps anyone and if you already knew this then awesome.

dishe 02-01-2009 12:00 PM

Re: Watching movies from the TP on the TV made easy.

Dude.
Buy the video-out cable, and you can hook the TP directly into ANY TV. No X-box required.

By the way, your solution is no better than when I take out my SD card and play in my set-top box, or for the heck of it, get a cheapo 4gb USB keychain, and plug THAT into the Xbox. No Touch Pro required... :/

cjmedina 02-01-2009 12:01 PM

thats pretty cool was it just video? or could you do pics and mp3s?

jmorton10 02-01-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz (Post 682367)
OK so I was playin around with my Touch Pro and I always have movies on my 16gb SD Card for those BORING moments at a family reunion when you cant ever find anything good on TV. .

LOL, how come there is never football on at times like that???

That's what I use Sling Mobile for........

~John

slopokdave 02-01-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dishe (Post 682372)
Dude.
Buy the video-out cable, and you can hook the TP directly into ANY TV. No X-box required.

By the way, your solution is no better than when I take out my SD card and play in my set-top box, or for the heck of it, get a cheapo 4gb USB keychain, and plug THAT into the Xbox. No Touch Pro required... :/

The OP post reads as if he has a video out cable, but just forgot it. Way to be a d*ck....

Thanks for the tip, OP.

ivan1.ruiz 02-01-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Dude.

well I was just sharing information. Obviously you did not read correctly I said I did not have the tv out cable with me.. I have a tv out cable but I dont carry it with me all the time. Also why would I get a usb keychain when I have a 16gb SD Card with my TP... anyway "Dude" it was just a sharing info thread so chill.

ivan1.ruiz 02-01-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slopokdave (Post 682383)
The OP post reads as if he has a video out cable, but just forgot it. Way to be a d*ck....

Thanks for the tip, OP.

Wow you post faster..lol

Looks like you DID read correctly..lol

Thanks for the post.

510jungleboy 02-01-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Dude.

It seems that everyone misunderstood what the OP wanted. He wanted SURROUND SOUND !! Please read carefully. He could have used his video out cable , but he also wanted bigger sound.

class1c 02-01-2009 02:40 PM

dude thank you. i thought about trying that out and forgot. im glad i saw this post.

heartisall 02-02-2009 01:47 AM

yea It works great with the xbox I plug it in a play music on my xbox off my phone, while the xbox charges it, I also use wmwifirouter to get on live all the time, no lags either very impressive