PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Watching movies from the TP on the TV made easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i really don't think that ppc is going down any tubes, and the reason why relevant information is scattered through here is because while trying to find this thread on the 6th page, i came across like 5 keyboard sliding sound threads, 4 "which tweak is the best?!", 5 or 6 "i just got my touch pro what should i do first!"'s, and a handful of other similar threads that are just plain pointless to everybody involved even if they don't know it yet.

i'm sorry if i just wasn't shocked at the idea of a mass storage device operating as a mass storage device. i read this thread, and i really thought that something new was found, but i was severely disappointed at this very obvious concept.
I also thought that maybe this thread contained some actual new findings... come on, people- USB mass storage mode is an advertised features of the device. Playing off a USB mass storage device is an ADVERTISED feature of the Xbox.

Quote:
i think ppc geeks is going to be ok. have some faith. go try astonishing yourself by charging your phone off a usb port or something.
Hey, did you know you can just plug in a regular old USB connector? You don't need to use the funny-shaped HTC one! Holy moly!

::rolls eyes::
Old 02-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What's making me laugh is that these two are complaining that this thread is pointless and not new information or anything, just cluttering up the forum, yet they continue to come back, see what everyone has posted, and take the time to post themselves.

Just my general life opinion, but anything that you waste your time on is never truly pointless.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No, its also entertaining.

But truthfully, I think we're sorta hoping that we're somehow, somewhere, preventing this from happening again. Then again, maybe we didn't. At least we tried to help in someway, although I admit perhaps we're just fanning the fire....
Old 02-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I have to say that some of the members here seem to be getting much more rude in the past few months. Flaming people for posts and constantly complaining about people not using the search function of the web site just to name a few of the examples I have seen recently. I assure you all that behavior like that will most certainly drive people away from this great site far quicker than a double post or a post about something that you think is trivial.

I have been around here for a little while and will say that while this post did not tell me something that I didn't already know, partly because I am a friggin' nerd and had already tried it with my 360, it has absolutely helped others (I counted 3 or 4 members that thanked Ivan in their reply). So what if you already knew what was stated by the OP? Good for you. Aren't you cool.

But not everyone is equal and others may be new here, new to WinMo or maybe not that technical and will find the post useful. Some of you just need to try to relax and remember...

It is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
This is why I love my PS3 with the card reader on the front!
Yea except for the fact that if you have your music in double folders, ie. by artist then by album it wont let you play it which sucks. Also the 360 has usb on the front too so I don't really see any more convienence.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I have to say that some of the members here seem to be getting much more rude in the past few months. Flaming people for posts and constantly complaining about people not using the search function of the web site just to name a few of the examples I have seen recently. I assure you all that behavior like that will most certainly drive people away from this great site far quicker than a double post or a post about something that you think is trivial.

I have been around here for a little while and will say that while this post did not tell me something that I didn't already know, partly because I am a friggin' nerd and had already tried it with my 360, it has absolutely helped others (I counted 3 or 4 members that thanked Ivan in their reply). So what if you already knew what was stated by the OP? Good for you. Aren't you cool.

But not everyone is equal and others may be new here, new to WinMo or maybe not that technical and will find the post useful. Some of you just need to try to relax and remember...

It is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Thank you rainfreak! well said!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
yea It works great with the xbox I plug it in a play music on my xbox off my phone, while the xbox charges it, I also use wmwifirouter to get on live all the time, no lags either very impressive
um you can't do that with xbox live it doesnt take ad hoc connections!!!! so how did you get this to work?
Old 02-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
wait.. you mean something that operates as a mass storage device, actually operated as a mass storage device in something that was made to accept mass storage devices? WOW!!! i'm gonna go out and get an xbox360!! lol
Yes culo.. is Spanish look it up!!!

This thread was made for people that did not know that would work. NO need for your sarcasm.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
Yes culo.. is Spanish look it up!!!

This thread was made for people that did not know that would work. NO need for your sarcasm.
I agree with you. Most people on here are newbies , old , young , and not tech savvy as most of the geeks here. So all you tech savvy geeks, please don't make them feel uncomfortable. We are here to help each other right?
Old 02-03-2009, 01:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
Yea except for the fact that if you have your music in double folders, ie. by artist then by album it wont let you play it which sucks. Also the 360 has usb on the front too so I don't really see any more convienence.
So going completely off subject here, I will honestly say I never knew that. I've never tried music on the PS3 since it's right next to my PC, so no need, but this is good to know for future reference. And the nice thing about the card reader is you don't have to have a usb cord handy.

See? If your not a know-it-all douche, you learn something new all the time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro