PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 01:52 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should I swap for a Refurb?

First post from a long time "lurker"...My 3 month old crappy holster velcro gave up the ghost and my TP went flying went I got out of my car and dented and scratched the frame; the phone and all funtions appear to be working fine...but this is the first damage to my phone and it pisses me off!
I decided to go to Sprint to see if they would replace it...I explained exactly what happened and to my surprise, the manager offered to get me another phone, but said it would be a refurb. I told him to order it, and he said I can look it over before I swap. He also gave me a new oem case to replace my worn out one (nice jesture), I appreciate Sprint stepping up like this, BUT...my question:
Should I swap the phone out? Anything I need to look for to make sure it is a good one (build date, etc)? Any problems with refurbs? Should I take the phone if it look ok?

thanks in advance for your insight
Old 02-01-2009, 02:00 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Should I swap for a Refurb?

sorry bout your incident, u can take it for a test drive since by now you know what to look for like chrome, speakers jacked up, raised buttons...worst case scenario u returned that biatch again , not fun but what you gonna do bout it!!
Old 02-01-2009, 02:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

refurbes arnt that bad, there fairly well and if you have issues you can always go back for another one, its just a hassle
Old 02-01-2009, 02:06 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

never had a problem with a referb.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:43 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

just remember that a refurb was someone's problem once. i would get a new one from the store as soon as your refurb comes in.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

every refurb ive received has had a flaw of some sort. for me, every encounter happens to be some blemish on the screen (lighter spots on the screen, sensitivity, etc) though as stated, most refurbs wont be free of problems. but if youre touch was one of the first builds or simply gone to crap, it wont hurt to have it replaced. eventually youre replacement of the replacement will be better than what you first bought
Old 02-01-2009, 03:57 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
just remember that a refurb was someone's problem once. i would get a new one from the store as soon as your refurb comes in.
How would i do that? (if necessary)
Thanks
Old 02-01-2009, 09:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleki View Post
every refurb ive received has had a flaw of some sort.
Yup

~John
Old 02-03-2009, 01:05 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Well my "refurb" phone came in AND...they sent me a BRAND NEW one I guess they were out of refurbs...Whooya!! It came with ALL the goodies, so now I have 2 chargers, etc. Pretty cool huh! All I had to do was reinstall my Sprite Backup, and within 5 min, back up and running...

1 min 4 sec on the clock and build date of Jan 14th 09...cool!

I don't care what other say about Sprint...They have been great for me so far! And with this board...what could be better
Old 02-03-2009, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

I just received my replacement today. It's NEW , i like the way everything is flushed, unlike the first batch that came out in Oct. I got smart and apply my Bodyguard protector on it already.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro