PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 12:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Feyerman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Feyerman Send a message via Skype™ to Feyerman
Battery Theory

i have a theory concerning the battery life of the TP. I stopped by my local Alltel store to look for a vehicle Charger designed for the TP. I told them the charger I had been using was causing the phone to overheat and stop charging. They handed me a Charger for the 6700(wtf really?) i informed them that this is not what I was looking for I wanted somthing designed more for a PDA from today not 4 years ago. The sales Rep went to the back and brought me a Charger for the newest blackberry. Ever since I started using this on the occaision I saw an immediate change in the charging and battery life of my TP. I was having issues with the phone overheating with the AC chrager provided with the TP as well. I ow can make it the day with battery life left over.

Example:
Today I took my TP off charge at 630am.
Used casualy to browse the internet.
Downloaded my email a few times(no push)
had 2 hours of total talk time not all at once but 1 call was for an hour(wife)
sent/received ~ 15 txt/sms
I now have 40% Batterylife at 1130pm 17 hours later I call that an acceptable day.
I didnot run any real programs/games other than mentioned above.

My theory using an improper car charger is causing somesort of power issues with a fast charge causing the battery to drain faster.

Take it for what its worth but I am far less frustrated with my battery life now vs before using the charger from my 6800.

I hope this helps some users as it did me and will gladly answer any questions anyone has about it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:42 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: Battery Theory

i am going to give this a try, i thought fast charging was better but this sounds worth trying.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:24 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thats not a bad thery becouse I have like 5 blackberry chargers, thats the only thing I use and not only do I NOT have a problem with overheating I have alright battery life. +1 for you 2 cents.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO baby
Carrier: ATT

xgm541 is becoming a great contributor

As i do not use a car charger, i cannot comment on that, however, my phone, with medium usage like today.. went from 90% (phone was off over night) to 18% in 20 hours. Good battery life! I use the regular power adapter.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:07 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
“Semper Fidelis” (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
OohRah! Semper Fi

Like I said I have seen an improvement.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:17 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

how many mah is the charger you're getting good results from?
Old 01-30-2009, 10:18 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
how many mah is the charger you're getting good results from?
I am not sure the box did not say and its not listed on the Charger itself either.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TProUserOnSprint is keeping up the good workTProUserOnSprint is keeping up the good work

Blackberries are very nice on battery. I cannot charge my Curve on the TP charger. Something about those BB chargers have some magic in them. I'll bring one home tonight and post my results.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdesola is just getting started

So far I only use the usb cable the TP came with. I, of course, need another charger for work, car, whatever. Is your theory only for the car charger (because they're 'quick chargers') or should I get a BB charger regardless.

Buildin' my rep...
Old 01-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

I use a high end min-usb cable in my car that is plugged into a Black & Decker AC/DC converter. The converter plugs into my lighter, is not much bigger than a typical cigarette lighter multi-extension for plugging in multiple devices. It also has a USB port, which I plug my high end USB-to-MiniUSB cable. Works great and I have no problem with charging or over heating.

When I first got the TP I tried using my old 6700 and 6800 car chargers. Having my TP plugged in all day, I would still end up with a dead phone! It wouldn't charge fast at all, especially if I did anything at all with the phone. I had the same problem charging my 6700's and 6800's with the car chargers.

I've also tried using my 6700 and 6800 wall chargers in my car. They work just fine.

I don't know what is wrong with the manufacturing of the car charges for 6700's and 6800's, but they are not good.

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro