PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Blaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Touch Pro

Excuse me if this has been addressed...

Has anyone returned their pro due to the Cracked/ Chipping Chrome and/or Battery Cover turning yellowish brown?

I am asking because, Sprint has agreed to swap out my touch, which just started the chrome chipping but the battery cover looks horrible! It doesn't look like it belongs to this phone!!! Anyway, when the rep replied to my inquiry, I asked him if the Manufacturer made any changes to the hardware because if not they will be swapping my phone out every two months. He said, he can't honestly say they have, but it is known that customers have been complaining about theses issues and he can only assume that they have made some changes. So, I ask my fellow PPCgeeksters...Have any of you swapped out and what are the differences, if any? Thanks in advance.

I'm just waiting for the Palm Pre to launch honestly, I think I will lay down my Windows Mobile Hat for a while, WM needs to step up their game!

Old 01-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6850 + 6950

tsbtx is just getting started
Re: Touch Pro

Blaqdymun; this is a known issue with initial release HTC Touch Pros. It is a known issue and should be swapped in store for a new handset (this only goes for corporate owned Sprint Stores, no idea about Verizon/Alltel). It had to do with cruddy material used for the chrome finishing.

PM if you have further questions.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

You have the dates they are covering tsb?
Old 01-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6850 + 6950

tsbtx is just getting started

It was an answer I got when I emailed HTC. It's an ESN range, not a date, because some places may have had those devices for months and months before selling them.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Ahh... Do you know what the ESN range was?
Old 01-31-2009, 10:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ESN range for chipped chrome: A1000007800572 through A1000007805C7A
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:15 PM
Big MVP Diesel

How do you know Jim?
Old 02-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Blaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good work

Mine Is a little outside of "Jim's" ranges. I don't know, all I can say is I am really disappointed with it.

This is the reason why I hate grabbing a phone on the release date! The catch 22 to that is, if you don't get it, you'll have to wait God knows how long, on back order. You can't win!

I'm Jones'n for the Palm Pre tho = )
Old 02-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Indie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I too am contemplating taking this phone back and just waiting for the Pre. I just fear that the customization won't be nearly as good. WM may be lacking, but at least it can be customized to be even better than the alternatives. I don't want to have to be tied down to an app store or wait for official developers to get things produced.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indie View Post
I too am contemplating taking this phone back and just waiting for the Pre. I just fear that the customization won't be nearly as good. WM may be lacking, but at least it can be customized to be even better than the alternatives. I don't want to have to be tied down to an app store or wait for official developers to get things produced.
I hear you but if you check out youtube, the demonstration is awesome. Customizing should not be a problem at all! It actually gives you severaloptions in way of a desktop & program customization. The WebOS is an "androidish" Operating system. If they leave it "open" like the Android, anyone can create programs for it! Hopefully PPCgeeks will add this phone to the list! I am sure the Brilliant minds in here will be able to create some great stuff!

The Android was giving away the apps at first launch! Hopefully Palm/Sprint will take note of that!

You know what else makes me "Horney" about the Pre besides the 8gig internal storage? They have this power block/cube that you simply place the phone on top of to charge it! It's great. They really took a look at WM, Android & Apple to combine features to make this phone HAUGHT!

I just hope that it isn't sluggish & extremely buggy! I expect that it will have a few bugs but, I hope it ain't MOGUL buggy, if you know what I mean. That phone was horrible, straight out the gate!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro