PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TP Internet sharing (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=55755)

kid_29 01-31-2009 03:51 PM

TP Internet sharing

1. Do the TP do internet sharing and if not is there a fix for it?

frazell 01-31-2009 03:58 PM

Re: TP Internet sharing

Do a search... It works the same as it did on the Mogul...

avgas 01-31-2009 04:00 PM

x2 on the search

tsbtx 01-31-2009 04:02 PM

If you use the software your carrier provides, be prepared to pay for it. And it's not exactly cheap.

If you use the .cab installer, or even better, write to a ROM that has it built in (I.E. not the stock carrier ROM). Carriers disabled the free internet sharing that Microsoft made for the phone, but the pure awesomeness of the geniuses here have made that all the easier for lay-people like you and I to make that a problem of the past.

But there are threads for that as Frazell said, so I'd take advantage of them.

delawaresace 01-31-2009 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here you go. just happened to have it still on my desk top.

macrolific 03-04-2009 12:41 PM

I have the HTC Touch. When trying to connect my MacBook to the Touch to use the PAM via bluetooth, I've been getting the following error message:
Error code 67 Registration failure. Your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.
I've seen lots of references to this error on the Web and in this forum, but no one really seems to have a definitive answer to the problem.

I just installed the Internet Sharing FIX.cab from the link on this page. Now the Internet Sharing "Connect" button on the Touch is grayed out.

So I guess I now have 2 problems.

First, does anyone know how to undo what the Internet Sharing FIX.cab has done to my Touch?

Second, does anyone know how to get around the "Error 67" problem I have when trying to connect my MacBook to the Internet via bluetooth by using the PAM feature on my Touch?

Thanks.

z28marols1 03-04-2009 01:02 PM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=751925

Something everybody MUST know while getting these instructions here and executing them:

Technically speaking by doing this you are violating your Terms of Service contract which specifies that unless you're paying for a "Phone as Modem" or PAM plan you may not tether or otherwise share your devices internet connection with another device. They can tell by the type of usage when you are tethering, even with the registry hack. That said, typically unless you're abusing it (ie. going over 5GB/month) they will not bother you about it. As quoted by employees at a sprint store, they would rather keep you as a customer then argue with you over something like that. The ppl who have been contacted are usually just told that theyre supposed to be paying for the service and will have it added to their plan if they keep using it.

So.... use at your own risk. There are a lot of threads with ppl talking about using it as their primary internet connection and using WAY more than 5GB/month and Sprint not doing anything about it. I personally use it as a backup connection when Cox is down.

...Just want you guys to be fully educated on the subject. :grin:

oh, and the cab/reg edits work around sprints built in stop to this. the phone comes with ICS stock, however it is locked to "Phone as Modem" network instead of "Sprint" network. If your not paying for a PAM plan, you cant access that network and therefor ICS will give you an error when trying to connect. The cab/regedit changes the network ICS accesses to "Sprint", which is the network you have access to so your phone has internet access. Hope I cleared that up for ya.

This is the 3rd ICS question i've answered this morning... I promise, the search button does work!

z28marols1 03-04-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macrolific (Post 752849)
I have the HTC Touch. When trying to connect my MacBook to the Touch to use the PAM via bluetooth, I've been getting the following error message:
Error code 67 Registration failure. Your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.
I've seen lots of references to this error on the Web and in this forum, but no one really seems to have a definitive answer to the problem.

I just installed the Internet Sharing FIX.cab from the link on this page. Now the Internet Sharing "Connect" button on the Touch is grayed out.

So I guess I now have 2 problems.

First, does anyone know how to undo what the Internet Sharing FIX.cab has done to my Touch?

Second, does anyone know how to get around the "Error 67" problem I have when trying to connect my MacBook to the Internet via bluetooth by using the PAM feature on my Touch?

Thanks.

did you soft reset your phone after installing the cab?

dadoc04 03-04-2009 01:49 PM

i thought ICS doesnt work with Macs...

z28marols1 03-04-2009 02:25 PM

i believe at worst you just have to get the drivers for a mac... But the error code come from the fact that the phone is currently trying to connect to the "PAM" server to which it has no access. This must be switched to the "Sprint" server.