PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP Internet sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
Do a search... It works the same as it did on the Mogul...
I would disagre 100% with that statement. I used ICS/WMwifirouter everyday for over a year in my old Titan/Moguls & it worked super.

I can't get it to work consistently in my TP to save my life....

READ HERE

~John
Old 03-04-2009, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre baby!
Carrier: Sprint

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I would disagre 100% with that statement. I used ICS/WMwifirouter everyday for over a year in my old Titan/Moguls & it worked super.

I can't get it to work consistently in my TP to save my life....

READ HERE

~John
John, it does seem your case is a little more unique... I have a touchpro and had to do nothing special besides install the cab for mine to work properly. In this case it seems the cab didnt install properly or the new settings weren't able to take affect. I've never used a touch, it is possible that the registry is slightly different for ICS than it is for the TP. If thats the case make sure you are specifically searching in the Touch forum for your answer as it will be specific for your phone. Also, if you have a registry editing program it may be worthwhile to poke around and see if a key is named a little different b/c that would break the cab. You could then get it working by making the edits manually.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
I've never used a touch, it is possible that the registry is slightly different for ICS than it is for the TP. .
Both of my phones are TP's

~John
Old 03-04-2009, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Both of my phones are TP's

~John
I was referring to macrolific...
Old 03-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

prochobo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrolific View Post
I have the HTC Touch. When trying to connect my MacBook to the Touch to use the PAM via bluetooth, I've been getting the following error message:
Error code 67 Registration failure. Your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.
I've seen lots of references to this error on the Web and in this forum, but no one really seems to have a definitive answer to the problem.

I just installed the Internet Sharing FIX.cab from the link on this page. Now the Internet Sharing "Connect" button on the Touch is grayed out.

So I guess I now have 2 problems.

First, does anyone know how to undo what the Internet Sharing FIX.cab has done to my Touch?

Second, does anyone know how to get around the "Error 67" problem I have when trying to connect my MacBook to the Internet via bluetooth by using the PAM feature on my Touch?

Thanks.
Here's your answer:

http://www.isyougeekedup.com/how-to-...htc-touch-pro/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

macrolific is a n00b

Thank you all for trying to help.

I had to do a hard reset to undo the problems caused by my frivolous installation of Internet Sharing FIX.cab.

I then went to the page provided by prochobo, "How To Enable Internet Connection Sharing On Sprint HTC Touch Pro." This got me to the point where the 2nd drop-down menu on the Internet Sharing page, Network Connection, is now being displayed.

But that's where I'm now stuck. I've changed the Network Connection from Phone As Modem to Sprint, but I'm unable to turn on Data Connection in the Comm Manager and therefore still can't get rid of the Error 67. This may be because I'm on a Mac. Also, as z28marols1 pointed out, I'm actually on the Touch Pro forum, when I should be on the Touch (HTC Vogue) forum.

So I'll now go to the correct forum and post there. Thanks, again, for all the attempts to help.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I have no problem continuing to help tho, even on the wrong forum

You can start a connection by opening up your browser on the phone or having POutlook run a sync (if you have email set up) The reason you cant start a connection the way they tell you to is that the comm manager is different on the touch pro. I honestly dont think its because your on a mac...
Old 03-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Old 03-05-2009, 08:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

...were you trying to make a point or be funny?
Old 03-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

macrolific is a n00b

z28marols1, thanks. I'll take you up on your offer to help even though I'm technically in the wrong forum.

I've made much progress since my last posting, but I'm still not there.

As I said in my last posting, I tweaked the Touch's registry such that the 2nd drop-down menu on the Internet Sharing application's page, Network Connection, is now being displayed. I then changed the drop-down Network Connection selection from Phone as Modem to Sprint PCS.

I now am able to start Internet Sharing on the Touch, select Connect to Network from the Mac's bluetooth menu, and all appears fine. Both devices say that the Mac is connected to the network. But the Mac has no IP address, and it clearly is not finding the Internet.

I'm now stuck, but I'm so close. Is there anything left to try in order to enable my Mac to connect via bluetooth to the Internet through the Touch's Internet Sharing?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro