PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TP Internet sharing (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=55755)

z28marols1 03-06-2009 01:27 AM

Re: TP Internet sharing

something i came across somewhere else and may apply here... are you using the activesync software for mac? i think one is called "missing sync" or something like that. I think i remember reading somewhere that tethering wont work without activesync or Windows mobile device center (vista) installed. that may be where your last hangup is.

dadoc04 03-06-2009 09:11 AM

you need to get a copy of USB Modem 1.30

http://mobile-stream.com/usbmodem_wm.html

static110 03-06-2009 11:43 AM

i myself have the same problem as macrolific above. I just got the phone yesterday and it is set to use sprint pcs over cellular line, and the connect button is greyed out as he mentioned. i ran the cab and it still dosent release the connect button. Do i need to do the regedit to make it work? thanks all, i am not a newbie, but cant get it to work on a brand new TP.
thanks

z28marols1 03-06-2009 01:11 PM

are you initiating the data connection manually?

static110 03-06-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macrolific (Post 752849)
I have the HTC Touch. When trying to connect my MacBook to the Touch to use the PAM via bluetooth, I've been getting the following error message:
Error code 67 Registration failure. Your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.
I've seen lots of references to this error on the Web and in this forum, but no one really seems to have a definitive answer to the problem.

I just installed the Internet Sharing FIX.cab from the link on this page. Now the Internet Sharing "Connect" button on the Touch is grayed out.

So I guess I now have 2 problems.

First, does anyone know how to undo what the Internet Sharing FIX.cab has done to my Touch?

Second, does anyone know how to get around the "Error 67" problem I have when trying to connect my MacBook to the Internet via bluetooth by using the PAM feature on my Touch?

Thanks.

I dont know if this helps or not, but i just got my TP yesterday. I installed the cab and the same thing happened to me. Uninstall the cab, then the connect button will work. do a soft reset after you remove the patch.
i called sprint and asked for my vision username and password (btw was not what it used to be), now edit the connection and enter the user name ie....younamehere@sprintpcs.com
....then enter the password they gave you...that is my suggestion, i am gonna try and let you all now.....if this helps hit me with a thanks

FYI..i did this with an online rep with the chat session you can have and was very fast, no transfers...lol...let me know

static110 03-06-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28marols1 (Post 756714)
are you initiating the data connection manually?

yes, usually have to on some phones like the vogue, usually as long as i open internet sharing and connect while my system boots, it is already connected when i long in (with xp or vista cpu and my mogul)..the patch did the opposite of what it should, it blocks you from hitting the connect, at least for me, and my TP is brand new got it yesterday. so i undid the ICS fix and will try and reactivate it again, and try the setting as in the post i just did above this and see if it works...any suggestions?
thanks

z28marols1 03-07-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by static110 (Post 757655)
yes, usually have to on some phones like the vogue, usually as long as i open internet sharing and connect while my system boots, it is already connected when i long in (with xp or vista cpu and my mogul)..the patch did the opposite of what it should, it blocks you from hitting the connect, at least for me, and my TP is brand new got it yesterday. so i undid the ICS fix and will try and reactivate it again, and try the setting as in the post i just did above this and see if it works...any suggestions?
thanks

I've done both the reg edit and the cab. First the reg edit, then after i had to hard reset for another reason i just installed the cab. Both worked, however i think it worked better just editing the registry manually.

rocteam1 03-15-2009 08:38 PM

how to internet sharing fix.cab on a htc touch pro

z28marols1 03-16-2009 08:33 AM

are you asking how to do it?
get the instructions/cab here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

Either make the reg edits with the proper program or download the cab to your phone/storage card and install the cab. soft reset and your done.

Also, please read post 7 in this thread for important legal information regarding usage of this hack.