PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Pick
s2u2 77 60.63%
throttle lock 18 14.17%
other 32 25.20%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pacmantom is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: su2u vs throttle lock what works better on TP?

I like the S2U2 because of the calendar on the screen. It works good for me. It might have a problem here and there nothing to get rid of it for.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:40 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salisburyl View Post
i would like to know what the deal with these programs please someone tell me
S2U2 was nice because it kinda gave you an overview screen *and* it prevented pocket dial/answer

TouchLockPro doesn't cover the display, so you get whatever view you had up when you shut off, for me that's usually the home display, which is almost identical to what you get with s2u2, so no need for s2u2.

TLP works for me to prevent pocket dial/pickup, but it unlocks if it detects light, or stylus, or kybd slide out... so for me 90% of the time it just unlocks at the right time w/o me doing anything. I can one-hand thumb tap it to unlock if its too dark

But hey, don't use em if you don't need em.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnyc View Post
yep - just upgraded today actually. #pocketshield
Damn, this newest version of PocketShield blows away any other locking program.

When I first installed it, it was unlocking so fast I didn't even think it was working. I finally realized if I put my finger over the light sensor that the PS screen came up just fine.......

~John
Old 01-31-2009, 10:22 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

i Personally like the SunScape unlock its diffrent and the newer versions are highly costumizable because its open source.

you can see what it looks like here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=416843
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Tibman is becoming a great contributor

throttle lock seems like a great program but unfortunatly it fights with the slide to answer I already have installed.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Damn, this newest version of PocketShield blows away any other locking program.

When I first installed it, it was unlocking so fast I didn't even think it was working. I finally realized if I put my finger over the light sensor that the PS screen came up just fine.......

~John
FWIW, I set pocketshield to only unlock using the finger slide or with stylus out. Never even tried the light sensor unlock - too scary
Old 01-31-2009, 11:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
i Personally like the SunScape unlock its diffrent and the newer versions are highly costumizable because its open source.

you can see what it looks like here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=416843
Thanks! I'm gonna check it out to see if it can hold a light to pocketshield
Old 02-01-2009, 12:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnyc View Post
FWIW, I set pocketshield to only unlock using the finger slide or with stylus out. Never even tried the light sensor unlock - too scary
I never used the LS either at first, all I did was the slide to unlock like s2u2.

I now have it set to UL a bunch of ways. If I push the power button & it is in the light, it unlocks in a flash (so fast you don't see what happened)

If it is dark, I either hit the center button or pull the stylus out.

~John
Old 02-01-2009, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Curve 8330

Kash76 is keeping up the good workKash76 is keeping up the good work

Is there a way to use PS for just locking and use the S2U for phone calls? I like the new HTC S2U but love the center button unlock on PS

Many dumb phones-->Treo650-->700wx-->800w-->Touch Pro --> Treo Pro --> BB Curve 8330
Old 02-01-2009, 01:14 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
Is there a way to use PS for just locking and use the S2U for phone calls? I like the new HTC S2U but love the center button unlock on PS
Yes.

Check the latest versions. 2.5 does it I'm sure. Stop by the forum on pocketshield.net and go to the Touch diamond/pro beta section and get the latest beta there.

The people who run it just added a pretty large list of features, one of them being "unlock on ring" so when your phone starts to ring, it'll automatically unlock, revealing your slide-to-answer.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro