PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 09:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick0984 is keeping up the good workMaverick0984 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*ghost* email address after SPB backup

Somehow my data connection ceased to work so rather sift through all the registry changes I might have accidentdally made, I decided to just hard reset, and restore with SPB backup - system settings. This worked and corrected my data connection problem but now I have a ghost email address.

I had previously used 2, one was with an Exchange server with work and still works fine. The other was a personal gmail account. The gmail account is visible on the GUI interface, but not the generic WM Today screen. If I try to recreate the account, it claims the name is in use.

If I try to create the account with a slightly different name, it works perfectly fine, but I now have 3 visible entries of email on my Touch Flo interface instead of 2.

I can read the bit of the most recent email on the bit they preview on the interface, but cannot select the email for full viewing or view any other emails in the ghost inbox.

Is there any registry tweak I can use to just get that the heck outta there?
Old 01-31-2009, 10:08 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: *ghost* email address after SPB backup

dUDE, cant you delete that email acount under messaging?Menu/option/hold the ghost with stylee and poof ,make it go
Old 01-31-2009, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Maverick0984 is keeping up the good workMaverick0984 is keeping up the good work

No, it does not show up in the messaging/email list of existing emails. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

I am calling it a ghost email address because of just that. It's there, but isn't. I was hoping there was some sort of reg key I could edit that would cease it to load into the interface and allow to readd the email with the original name.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

mteagster is just getting started

I had the same problem with my diamond. The rom that I was using saved the emails to the internal storage card. If the rom that you are using is saving the emails to your storage card, go into your storage card file and delete the "cemail" file and it should delete the "ghost" email. However, back up your existing emails just incase.
I did this and it took care of the exact same problem that you are having.
Im not a pro at this stuff, so please research incase I am giving bad info.
All I know is that it worked for me
good luck

Last edited by mteagster; 01-31-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: added a word to make more sense
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, I found that file and am getting a bit closer. However the phone is setup as ActiveSync, I think I'll need to change it to disk drive to actually delete the file. As it is, it doesn't let me because the file is currently shared/in use.

How do I change it back to Disk Mode?
Old 01-31-2009, 05:49 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

setting/connection/pc to usb. However the file is in internal storage so u need active sync otherwise disk storage wont see it, and u ll only see the memory card. Stay in active syn and hit device instead of storage under "my computer" whether u using lappy or pc
Old 01-31-2009, 06:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

mteagster is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick0984 View Post
Ok, I found that file and am getting a bit closer. However the phone is setup as ActiveSync, I think I'll need to change it to disk drive to actually delete the file. As it is, it doesn't let me because the file is currently shared/in use.

How do I change it back to Disk Mode?
Same thing happened here where I couldnt delete it. The way I did it (unless someone else knows a different way) was delete my email acccounts and then delete the cemail file.
I would just email yourself all the email on your device, delete your account, delete the cemail file then set up your email accounts and you should be golden.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
setting/connection/pc to usb. However the file is in internal storage so u need active sync otherwise disk storage wont see it, and u ll only see the memory card. Stay in active syn and hit device instead of storage under "my computer" whether u using lappy or pc
Yea, you are right. I can only see the storage card when in this mode. Hmm, still can't delete the file though while connected to my computer. This method wasn't any different than I was already doing. I could always find the file, just can't delete it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mteagster View Post
Same thing happened here where I couldnt delete it. The way I did it (unless someone else knows a different way) was delete my email acccounts and then delete the cemail file.
I would just email yourself all the email on your device, delete your account, delete the cemail file then set up your email accounts and you should be golden.
That is the main problem though, I cannot delete the email account. If I could I wouldn't have this problem.

It is the only current email account, the ghost one that is. I am unable to delete the file as it says it is in use. Is there any process that I can kill temporarily so I can delete it? I don't actually care about the email themselves as it syncs to my various servers so nothing is unique on the device.

Last edited by Maverick0984; 01-31-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:29 PM
DaFlowMaster

Dude do you have a registry editor? like phm registry that is free posted on TP essentials or resco, sktool...use that ,locate file and delete..
Old 01-31-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
Dude do you have a registry editor? like phm registry that is free posted on TP essentials or resco, sktool...use that ,locate file and delete..
1. How would a registry editor like PHM allow me to access the file system? Registry != File System.

2. I tried Resco File Explorer, it at least displayed the file which the built in File Explorer did not, however, it too said the file was in use and wouldn't let me delete.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro