PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

aprilarchambeau is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to aprilarchambeau Send a message via Yahoo to aprilarchambeau
Second TP & both have done this, not answering calls/showing 10 missed calls????

My first TP did this 2 weeks ago, my friend called me, and I slid to answer, and it started ringing again, went through this for 10 seconds, and it finally showed 10 missed calls, called my friend back and she only called once. And my sister just called me, I picked up, it echoed and I couldnt hear her. And she called back and I slid it over to answer and nothing it started ringing instantly again, and did this like 10 times, and then said 10 missed calls. She told me that it didnt even ring on her end, just showed connected and she heard silence, is this a glitch with these phones or what?

April

Edited to add, it will show unavailable/unknown when it does this
Old 01-30-2009, 11:40 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Re: Second TP & both have done this, not answering calls/showing 10 missed calls????

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilarchambeau View Post
My first TP did this 2 weeks ago, my friend called me, and I slid to answer, and it started ringing again, went through this for 10 seconds, and it finally showed 10 missed calls, called my friend back and she only called once. And my sister just called me, I picked up, it echoed and I couldnt hear her. And she called back and I slid it over to answer and nothing it started ringing instantly again, and did this like 10 times, and then said 10 missed calls. She told me that it didnt even ring on her end, just showed connected and she heard silence, is this a glitch with these phones or what?

April

Edited to add, it will show unavailable/unknown when it does this
I am guessing you are using a form of Slide 2 Answer which is not stock on the Touch PROs. How are implenting S2A via CAB from leaked Sprint ROM or S2U2?

Also did you edit you Suspend/Resume registry manually or via Diamond Tweak/Advanced Config?

Editing that caused the problem of not being able to answer a call when a data connection is active. Meaning if you open Opera and your data connection is active (stock icons would show two white arrows), and you get a call you would get the problem you are describing. Unable to answer the call by pressing the hardware button, soft button on screen, or slide action on screen. The call would just continue to ring until it hits your voicemail.

Last edited by MrHawaii; 01-30-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:44 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Re: Second TP & both have done this, not answering calls/showing 10 missed calls????

If that is the case, you can find more info and solution to that here. Best of luck!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40427
Old 01-30-2009, 11:46 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Possibility that you may be on the edge of getting and losing Sprint signal, Roam only will take care of that with the cab floating around, later bee
Old 01-31-2009, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to aprilarchambeau Send a message via Yahoo to aprilarchambeau

I didnt have data active, I never get online, and always make sure everything is closed frequently, the thing that gets me is that it will keep refreshing the screen as if a new call comes through over and over but like 1 call per second its weird, and then when its all over, it will say 10 missed calls .....And ask HB, when it comes to technical things, I know nothing about this phone lol, but yes I did install slide to answer ..... everything else is stock, just dropped the Cab on PPC and installed it...

Last edited by aprilarchambeau; 01-31-2009 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:47 AM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Hey bee; sounds like ur TP is looking for signal too much. I suppose this happened at home only or just certain area and not others;can u confirm? if so dig up roam only cab/force sprint roam;install;put on roam only when u r in fringe area....
Old 01-31-2009, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Nope, the two times its happened, Ive been at home, I have full signal here
Old 01-31-2009, 03:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, 700wx, mogul, touch, touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sidwin is keeping up the good worksidwin is keeping up the good work

i've had the same thing happen on two different touches and happened 2x. the phone will constantly re-ring over and over. no idea why and it barely happens.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:28 AM
DaFlowMaster

You may have full signal most of the time, but dat isht can drop and fluctuates. I noticed this hapens to me at times, and while that happens and u get a call, dat isht is going str8 to VM like it ot not...
Old 01-31-2009, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdesola is just getting started

This happened to me the other day. I answered a call waiting and when I returned to the original call I accidentally hit 'end' and hung up. So the guy called me back at the same time I called him and it threw my TP into a loop, 27 missed calls. I couldn't answer the incoming call nor silence, ignore, or otherwise. It just kept showing the 'answer/ignore' screen for half a second and then back to home screen, over and over and over... Finally it stopped and all returned to normal.

My thoughts were that this is not going to be a common occurrence but if your TP is doing this frequently I would definitely seek a replacement (from your carrier, of course).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro