PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 05:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hittingsmoke is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best HTC Touch Pro screen protector?

I've been reading around and see that a lot of people like these BoxWave screen protectors. I want to know what is the best screen shield for touch flo performance. On my Apache I had an InvisibleSHIELD which was excellent but it wasn't great for swipes or scrolling. Now that I have a Touch Pro that's a much bigger issue.

So what's everyone's favorite for low friction performance that provides the best look? I also want one that requires zero cutting. i.e. made specifically for the Touch Pro.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: Best HTC Touch Pro screen protector?

I'm a big fan of the Boxwave screen protectors. Only complaint I have is that it attracts fingerprints more visibly than others. But quality and texture are perfect.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: The Cell phone company

Taurus is just getting started

http://www.ppctechs.com/HTC-Touch-Pr...LD-crystal.htm

Hands down the best!
Old 01-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

I was very disappointed with Invisishield (and sent it back). It was too "rubbery" and made it difficult to both slide my finger and stylus over it.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: SPRINT

Bizill is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
I was very disappointed with Invisishield (and sent it back). It was too "rubbery" and made it difficult to both slide my finger and stylus over it.
i just put mine on two days ago. i'm trying to adjust to it. i do agree, it's too rubbery, but at the same time, i find i'm not so afraid to push too hard with my stylus as i was with any other screen protector. i like that. i know you can't hurt even the naked screen itself, but still...

and one more thing, that little demonstration where they scratch the phone or whatever with the key, i'd feel confident it would actually hold up against it. i truely do appreciate that. i have to say this thing is growing on me. just get use to the rubbery feel and viola.

Last edited by Bizill; 01-30-2009 at 06:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

biseroner is a n00b

I'm using Body Guardz screen protector... so far so good here....

http://www.bodyguardz.com/Sprint_Tou...nttouchpro.htm
Old 01-30-2009, 07:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Brando Ultraclear Protector Plus.

I've tried them all & it's all I ever use now.

~John
Old 01-30-2009, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kimogent is becoming a great contributor

invisible shield to me is the best! i like the "grippy" feel of it. the only downer to me is the orange peel effect on the back....but on the front while the screen is on you cant even see the shield! ive gotten alot of compliments!

swish.......................nothin but net!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G
Carrier: sprint

badmoon8081 is just getting started

I tried invisible shield but I was surprised how quickly the stylus scratched up the protector. I mean their website shows them taking a set of keys to it and then it wipes clean. It was also a nightmare to apply.

Also, for a touch screen, invisible shield is a real bad idea. They pride their product on its added grip which is true. However that makes your touchscreen very hard to use. Your finger constantly gets caught in the gripping or traction. It is like moving your finger on the screen in quicksand.

My final solution......
I purchased an Apple Iphone screen protector and cut it to fit my screen using a grid. I have had it on my phone for over a month and the screen protector is still scuff free and you barely notice it is there. Even finger prints are hard to see. Also it is silky smooth to your touch. I have decided that the best protector out there is the apple iphone brand. Right now my invisible shield protector covers the whole phone with exception of my screen which is covered by the apple iphone protector.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Automaton is keeping up the good workAutomaton is keeping up the good work

Brando Workshop makes an anti-glare screen protector that is the BOMB. No rubbery feel (finger glides effortlessly on screen), no fingerprints, and NO GLARE!

You *WILL* have at least the fingerprints and glare (blinding in the sun) of these problems if you get a "clear" screen protector. Some people tolerate those things because they don't like the way the anti-glare protectors slightly dull the image.

The Boxwave anti-glare was not sturdy. It got all scratched up in a matter of a few months. The Brando Workshop one is supposed to be more sturdy. We'll see.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro