PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 10:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

HackerSG is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ActiveSync keeps prompting for login information

Probably spent over 10 hours on this issue already, I am posting here to see if someone has ran across a similar issue or has something I can try to remedy the issue.

ActiveSync works fine on my HTC Touch Pro in terms of pulling down information,and it's connecting to Exchange 2007. The problem is that anywhere from 2-10 times a day I get prompted for a user ID and password (What seems to be randomly). Obviously my password is saved, and if click cancel the first time i get this error:
Quote:
Result: Access was denied. Choose configure server on the activesync menu to check your server username and password. Support Code 0x85010002
If i hit Sync, another login box will come up, and if i cancel that one, it will start syncing again.

The main problem with this is that if i have my phone on at night and this login prompt comes up, I am unable to get emails over night. I am a sys admin and this is bad because i have alerts for servers going down that I _need_ to get or I risk losing my job.

Anyone have any idea what i can do to resolve this issue? I'm desperate at this point and will try anything.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2009, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: ICE

pezx44 is just getting started
Re: ActiveSync keeps prompting for login information

It's probably not what you are looking for, but the same thing happens to me. I would suggest plugging your phone into the wall and setting up the Exchange sync on your phone itself. If you want to avoid that because of the security policies that may be pushed to your phone, then maybe hook your phone into your computer when you're taking a shower or something. It should be all synced by the time you are done.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

HackerSG is a n00b

Yea, i don't sync at all with my computer, i have a certificate and it's done all OWA.

I wish that was a soultion, but i have to keep my phone next to me at night. I get emails with alerts telling me servers are down, and if i don't respond to those, i get in trouble.

That's my only concern, is at night when i'm sleeping and not getting emails. Other than that, i don't really mind pressing cancel 10 times a day, i just can't afford to miss emails.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:30 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

I use OWA with Exchange 2003 and my wife uses it with Exchange 2007 with no issues. But I see you are also using a certificate. If I am not mistaken the certificate in combination with your username/password is what confirms your identity. You might want to speak with your exchange admin - if this is not you...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro