PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 03:41 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Okay I'm really confused... Touch Pro RAM?

I haven't been following the PPC world in awhile... but it seems to me that the Touch Pro only has 192MB of RAM like the Diamond? What happened to 288MB?

I decided to ditch my Curve that I switched to and ordered a Touch Pro from retention today for 225 bucks. I'm just curious what I'll have to work with...

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 01-30-2009, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: currently test driving htc hd2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kenmag7577 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Okay I'm really confused... Touch Pro RAM?

the sprint touch pro has 288 mb ram with about 85 used for program so you end up with 203.xx left over for actual use. the verizon touch pro is the one that has 192 mb ram.

dont forget to hit thanks if i helped in any way!!
Old 01-30-2009, 04:02 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

well, there's rom and ram.. the diamond and pro (minus vzw) have the same ram, but the pro has MUCH more rom.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:09 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Threadstarter

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmag7577 View Post
the sprint touch pro has 288 mb ram with about 85 used for program so you end up with 203.xx left over for actual use. the verizon touch pro is the one that has 192 mb ram.
Yeah that's what I thought... I just kept seeing screenshots showing 192MB of RAM in the ROMs section (good lord I've never seen so many ROMs for a phone - its gonna be next to impossible to figure out which one I want lol) and got confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
well, there's rom and ram.. the diamond and pro (minus vzw) have the same ram, but the pro has MUCH more rom.
I thought the Diamond had 192MB of RAM? I know about the 512MB of ROM on the Pro... But I could have sworn the Diamond had only 192MB of RAM?
Old 01-30-2009, 04:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: currently test driving htc hd2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kenmag7577 is becoming a great contributor

no fortunately for us they gave the same ram to both devices. they just cut the rom in half for the diamond
Old 01-30-2009, 04:34 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Threadstarter

Okay. Cool Sorry for the very n00b-like thread lol.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: Okay I'm really confused... Touch Pro RAM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Yeah that's what I thought... I just kept seeing screenshots showing 192MB of RAM in the ROMs section (good lord I've never seen so many ROMs for a phone - its gonna be next to impossible to figure out which one I want lol) and got confused.

I thought the Diamond had 192MB of RAM? I know about the 512MB of ROM on the Pro... But I could have sworn the Diamond had only 192MB of RAM?
Just try them all one by one and see which works.... or you could start with Mighty Rom 4.9.1 which worked the best of the bunch for myself !!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
The gsm version of the diamond has 192 mb of ram, thats probably what you are thinking about.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:55 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Threadstarter

Well that's cool that they gave both the Diamond and the Touch Pro the same RAM... I wish I would have known that though because I might have gotten the Diamond and skipped the keyboard. Oh well. *shrugs*

It should be here Monday. Woot!
Old 01-30-2009, 05:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i still cant understand why verizon does this crap. i will guarantee it is a verizon program/reg thing and not an actual chip difference in the TP. i have sent HTC an email asking about it so maybe they know why.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro