PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 01:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should I have been charged a $50 deductible for using TEP?

My TP recently developed the rainbow circle underneath the screen. I went to a repair center and they ordered me a new TP and I returned my defective one.

The TP that I returned had 0 scratches on the body and screen (always used a screen protector). I was under the impression that a $50 charge was only charged to lost or water damaged TP.

This is the first time I've returned a phone under TEP. Is this how TEP works? I did not go thru Asurion btw.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

5.0stang is a n00b
Re: Should I have been charged a $50 deductible for using TEP?

i dont think you should i never did and mine messed up a couple of times
Old 01-30-2009, 01:58 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

you should always do a hard reset before you return your phone but it sounds, from what little info you gave, like you shouldnt have been charged. You should call retentions and talk with them. they are the only ones I will deal with besides my local sprint guy, hes cool.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
you should always do a hard reset before you return your phone but it sounds, from what little info you gave, like you shouldnt have been charged. You should call retentions and talk with them. they are the only ones I will deal with besides my local sprint guy, hes cool.
That's what I thought... I did do a hard-reset btw.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:10 AM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph33zy View Post
That's what I thought... I did do a hard-reset btw.
oh well then it sounds like retentions is your best bet. it was the phone defect that made you send it back correct and no water damage?
Old 01-30-2009, 02:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
oh well then it sounds like retentions is your best bet. it was the phone defect that made you send it back correct and no water damage?
Yup! I even checked the stickers on the back before I returned it and they were still pink x's... I should've asked the Sprint tech in the store to clarify if I would get charged or not before I gave him my phone (I just didn't expect to get charged).... I'll try talking to the techs tomorrow. I just noticed the charges showed up on my account today and the store is closed right now.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:20 AM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph33zy View Post
Yup! I even checked the stickers on the back before I returned it and they were still pink x's... I should've asked the Sprint tech in the store to clarify if I would get charged or not before I gave him my phone (I just didn't expect to get charged).... I'll try talking to the techs tomorrow. I just noticed the charges showed up on my account today and the store is closed right now.
that sucks! Call in the morning. D@mn call right now.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

hittingsmoke is just getting started

*EDIT* woa... I swear I used paragraphs when i typed this up.... sorry for the huge block of text, the forum posted it like this.* I've swapped out about 7 phones starting with my Apache at the local Sprint store. The first time I was charged was because the phone was stolen. Just recently I had to replace another Apache for a broken screen. I took it to the repair center and was told I could get it replaced with a Touch Pro but they were back ordered. After reading online about how some people were waiting over a month for their replacements I panicked (as I need it for work and I have a baby due soon) and called Sprint. They wanted me to pay $50. I told two different reps and a supervisor that I had never paid for a replacement refurb and I wasn't about to start after paying for TEP for three years. The main thing that's kept me with Sprint is their fantastic replacement program, not their customer service... Like I said I was a little panicked and upset to read that people were waiting so long for back ordered replacements and I told this to the rep. So after about a half hour on the phone, being polite but firm, the supervisor agreed to credit my account $50 for the deducible that is required by their insurance contractor. This is probably the quickest and easiest I've had an issue resolved with Sprint in.... well ever. It only took two calls.

Last edited by hittingsmoke; 01-30-2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Paragraphs anyone?
Old 01-30-2009, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor

I just replaced my Mogul using TEP and didn't get chargedd a thing. AND they replaced it with a TP

I submitted the request online. The $50 fee is usually what they charge for filing a "claim"
Old 01-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

well i just called Sprint and they said that everytime they have to order a new phone, i will get charged $50 regardless. However, they did say that because I was misinformed, they will credit my back $50.

I remember getting my Mogul replaced for a Vogue with no fees either, so I'm not sure if their policy changed or not. I also heard that the deductibles were goin up to $100 starting in April on Sprintusers.com....

EDIT: Well the rep just called me back and told me he misinformed me! That's a first. He actually said I shouldn't have been charged $50. Another happy ending....

Last edited by Ph33zy; 01-30-2009 at 04:27 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro