PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bluetooth Power Saving Registry Edit (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=55510)

davidzthe1 01-29-2009 06:05 PM

Bluetooth Power Saving Registry Edit

Every since i purchased my Diamond and my Touch Pro, i have noticed that i have had EXTREMELY poor battery life, even with power tweaks and different roms on both devices. I have been able to narrow down the cause of this(or at least one of them). If you are like me and having a bluetooth headset is a necessity, I am sure that you have noticed that once you turn your headset on and it connects to your phone, the connection is ALWAYS on. I have searched through the registry and found a tweak that as far as i know, have yet to be used. This tweak is a power saving measure that only opens the bluetooth connection when either a call comes in, or you make a call. Otherwise, it closes the connection to save power. I use this tweak on every rom that i change to, and have noticed better battery life

*Please not that sometimes when you PLACE a call, you may have to tap the bluetooth headset button on your headset for it to connect to your phone.

With the registry editor navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Au dioGateway

Look for "PowerSave" and change the value from "0" to "1". Press ok, then soft reset. Once the phone boots up and your bluetooth is recognized, make a test call then hang up. Your bluetooth should close the connection and go into standby. Make a test call TO your phone. The phone should wake up the bluetooth and route the call back through the headset.

If the PowerSave Dword is not listed, create a new Dword named "PowerSave" and set the value to "1" and soft reset, then follow the steps above.

"PowerSave" Configures audio gateway to conserve power when establishing audio connections.
0 - Keeps the service level connection active for the Hands-Free profile in between calls.
1 - Closes the service level connection between calls.

Hope this helps.

davidzthe1 01-29-2009 07:19 PM

Re: Bluetooth Power Saving Registry Edit

No one?

izzyforreal 01-29-2009 07:41 PM

David: While this may do what you say it does, it also seems to disable handsfree auto-answer. It may be worth the trade-off, though.

izzyforreal 01-29-2009 07:48 PM

David: Never mind, it's working now. Thanks.

schettj 01-29-2009 07:55 PM

BT headset connected power drain on top of BT OFF is working out to 1%/hour for me. Mine isn't connected for more then a few hours so I'm going to go with having it as is.

davidzthe1 01-29-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by izzyforreal (Post 677434)
David: Never mind, it's working now. Thanks.

Glad to have helped

MrTyC 01-29-2009 09:05 PM

I went in and made the changes but when I tested the connection to see if it would work, the bluetooh would not re-connect. Is there another setting that I need to change?

davidzthe1 01-30-2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTyC (Post 677603)
I went in and made the changes but when I tested the connection to see if it would work, the bluetooh would not re-connect. Is there another setting that I need to change?

Make sure you soft reset, afterwards, your bluetooth will automatically connect by default when it comes back on.

mxl180 02-01-2009 07:15 PM

Doesn't work for me...Bluetooth icon still shows. I have reset.

Should I turn off bluetooth?

MrTyC 02-03-2009 12:55 PM

I went back in and changed the settings and did a soft reset and it is working now. The only slight issue is, my phone will automatically answer if any calls come thru. Is there a way to turn the auto answer off? I checked the setting for this and the auto-answer box is not checked, but it answers on the second ring.