PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Music Tab nightmare (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=55500)

Wingzfan 01-29-2009 05:20 PM

Music Tab nightmare

can someone who has they're music showing up in the tab with artwork or without give me a step by step on how your doing it? Ive tried for hours to get it to show my music and no matter what I do it doesnt appear. I have my music on my storage card that I synched from windows media player 11. It puts it in a folder called "music" in the root of my storage card. Ive tried moving it to my documents, my documents >my music. Ive tried taking it out of the artist folder, the cd folder. Ive tried it all. Im going absolutely insane here.

No matter what I do it says no music found.

CoryNat 01-29-2009 05:25 PM

Re: Music Tab nightmare

I had a lot of problems with that too. It has been awhile, but if I recall correctly I switched the location of my library in WMP to storage card and then added all the songs by letting WMP search. When I went to the music tab and hit Library, All Songs they finally appeared.

Sorry if this doesn't work. It has been months.

Wingzfan 01-29-2009 05:36 PM

ok Ive deleted all my music off my storage card. Im resynching it thru wmp 11 on my pc. Once thats done Im gonna sosft reset and let mobile media player search for the songs.

p-slim 01-29-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingzfan (Post 677092)
can someone who has they're music showing up in the tab with artwork or without give me a step by step on how your doing it? Ive tried for hours to get it to show my music and no matter what I do it doesnt appear. I have my music on my storage card that I synched from windows media player 11. It puts it in a folder called "music" in the root of my storage card. Ive tried moving it to my documents, my documents >my music. Ive tried taking it out of the artist folder, the cd folder. Ive tried it all. Im going absolutely insane here.

In windows media player you have to make sure the advanced tag editor has the pic on it. Right click the song in wmp, select advanced tag editor, select pictures, then drop the correct pic in there. once you update the file on windows media player, you have to delete the file on your memory card and re sync before it will show up on the TP music player.

crazaytalent 01-29-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingzfan (Post 677092)

Hey just got the pro the other day, had the same problem... what i did, was similar to what i did to fix it in M2D on my touch...

go to 'music tab'> hit 'library'> slide to 'all songs' or 'albums'> hit menu> 'add to playlist'... and you should be good from there

hope this helps

Wingzfan 01-29-2009 06:00 PM

ok guys so far so good. After a soft reset all my music and artwork is there and the old stuff is gone. So just curious, do I have to soft reset or update windows media library after every album I sync?

Thank you all btw.

Hafrust 01-29-2009 06:04 PM

Out of habit I always update the library, but I do not soft reset.

p-slim 01-29-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingzfan (Post 677197)
ok guys so far so good. After a soft reset all my music and artwork is there and the old stuff is gone. So just curious, do I have to soft reset or update windows media library after every album I sync?

Thank you all btw.

No you don't, as long as the music is updated before you put it on your phone you're good to go, no soft reset needed.