PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
vito sms chat on TP

I just installed this program and it seems to be a great program, have not had a chance to really play around with it but I noticed there is no option to set as the default sms program. How do you set it up so that it is and will this break the sms tab in FL3D?
Old 01-29-2009, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Darkflame808 is keeping up the good workDarkflame808 is keeping up the good work
Re: vito sms chat on TP

It won't break the SMS tab in tf3d but it won't replace it either. They coexist. The only way I managed to make smschat a viable program was to assign it to the only button that you could in settings. Press-hold call. Then I could flip between them.

There is a "TXT" button on the keyboard. Maybe someone can find a way to remap this key to launch sms chat.

I like SMS chat because when i'm in opera it'll put a little dialog box on top of it from which I can choose to reply or dismiss after i've read the message.

While the keyboard is open you can however hit TXT and read the txt, close it and resume your web session. I just like the simplicity of smschat. The ability to forward texts is great too!
Old 01-29-2009, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Telus

hood662 knows their stuffhood662 knows their stuffhood662 knows their stuffhood662 knows their stuffhood662 knows their stuffhood662 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to hood662

ok, what i did was i flashed mightmikes rom, it gives you a sms softeky on your tf3d home, from there i remapped sms via phm regedit to the location of vito,
HKLM/software/htc/manilla from there change HomeRSKPath to \program files\vito\sms-chat\smschat.exe
Old 01-29-2009, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I remapped the round center button to open SMS chat with aebutton +

I love SMS-Chat. I figured when I went to WM6.1 with threaded texting I wouldn't need it anymore, but I like it WAY better than the stock WM sms function.

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 01-29-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

i guess i could have icontact point to vito sms chat so but I still cant seem to get my icontact mapped to TF3D (topic of another post) I could then map it ot a key using my aeb button as well... not sure if this is the route I want to go though (mapped almost ever key already) plus I like the native TF3D tab. I guess I will test it out with the notifications, I disabled this right away thinking it to be an annoyance but I will see. Will you get the notifications even if sms chat is off?

Old 02-09-2009, 01:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

wanted to give an update on this, still dont have it mapped to icontact but i do have it mapped to aebutton and that works fine for me. I really have grown fond of this app, i love how you can use either windows default sms or sms chat, both work great and are better at ceretain things. The UI for sms chat is much better than the windows one and i use it more than anythign else, the notfications is also great feature.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
The UI for sms chat is much better than the windows one and i use it more than anythign else, the notfications is also great feature.
I agree 100%. I use SMS-chat all the time, when I redo a system it is one of the first things I reinstall.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro