PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS

anish3232 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Charging Issues

have been having charging problems 2 days after I got my phone. Sometimes if I plug my phone in the charger it will not recognize the charger. Takes about 5 to 6 times of plugging and unplugging before the phone will recognize the charger. Now its beginning to start charging after 5-10 seconds after it is plugged in, when it recognizes the charger. Also the phone will stop charging 10-15 minutes later and the USB Popup appears (ActiveSync or Mass Storage Option). Phone stops charging have to unplug and replug the phone before it will start charging. As I write this post the phone has done this 3 times already. Anyone else have this issue?

Some nights I never have a problem charging, but others it takes a good hour before the phone will charge without a fuss.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:01 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Re: Touch Pro Charging Issues

First of all, I recommend telling that prompt not to prompt again (the checkbox in the lower right of the prompt).

Then, pick which method you want it to use (I recommend ActiveSync, but nothing wrong with Remote Storage either).

Basically, it won't start charging until that connection is established.

That said, if you're also having problems with it when you plug into the wall outlet using the actual AC adapter, it sounds like either the adapter or the phone's USB port is defective. Try another cable/adapter first.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
First of all, I recommend telling that prompt not to prompt again (the checkbox in the lower right of the prompt).

Then, pick which method you want it to use (I recommend ActiveSync, but nothing wrong with Remote Storage either).

Basically, it won't start charging until that connection is established.

That said, if you're also having problems with it when you plug into the wall outlet using the actual AC adapter, it sounds like either the adapter or the phone's USB port is defective. Try another cable/adapter first.
That prompt should not be coming up when using the wall adapter or a car charger. Makes me believe the phone USB port is defective, bent pins or something along those lines.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 11-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
That prompt should not be coming up when using the wall adapter or a car charger. Makes me believe the phone USB port is defective, bent pins or something along those lines.
SPORK....lol, that's a word i haven't seen used in a long time!! Thanks for the memories, makes me want Kentucky fried chicken right about now!!=D>
Old 11-11-2008, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

profroopchan is just getting started

Okay, I was about to create a tread about this, but this tread will do.

I was on the phone last night with my girlfriend, and when I plugged in the phone, it would not recognize the charger. I am using the stock TP charger, however I had changed the USB cable to my GPS USB cable since it is longer. I then switch back to my stock short cable, but it made no difference, the battery icon did not show that it was plugged in to external power. I had to hang up and plug it in for it to start chargeing. After a while, the phone died, obviously, it was not charging properly. I then charged it up a bit before calling again, and once again, it died while being on the charger.

This is unacceptable for me. Is this the way how all the TPs are or do I need to go get a replacement because this one is defective? Is the stock charger too much of a slow charger to charge the TP? Would simply replacing the charger fix this issue?
Old 01-29-2009, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

knife is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to knife

I just went thru all this ... and I don't think it is the last time.

I had done a few tasks that required a reboot on my Sprint TP ... and since it was dark I pushed the stylus into the power adapter instead of the reset hole (bad placement HTC!!).

Needless to say I was very concerned once the Mini-USB adapters stopped working. Luckily the HTC OEM adapter still worked and I used a few tools to move the top pins (MiniUSB Adapter) back in place.

Whew, dodged a bullet for now.
Radio: VzW Release 2 (v1.03.09V)
Old 01-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nitroburner65 is a n00b

I made an inquiry to HTC about the charge stopping
automatically
and this is the response I rec.

We understand it is important to have all the information about your device. The Touch Pro is designed with a sensor that detects the internal temperature of the device. Some circumstances may provoke the issue, such as:
  • Using GPS while driving (which requires a higher signal strength, due to vehicle movement)
  • Connecting to a Video Teleconference call (data traffic)
  • Using the device as a modem for prolonged periods of time (data traffic)
  • Using the device while charging.
In the event that the device overheats, the temperature sensor will trigger an auto-protection feature which disallows charging until the device is within operational temperatures. This is normal, and not considered a problem or defect with the device. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause you.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

knife is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to knife

That answer is pretty aggrivating.

The time I have problems is when the radio / GPS are in use. More efficient drivers / radios could clear up these issues.

Until then, we really need a redesigned back cover on the TP some advanced heatsync capabilities.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre baby!

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work

i have to admit, i would rather the device stop charging then damage the device, the charger, or the battery. esp given charging overheated Li-Ion batteries is what typically causes them to loose their ability to hold a charge prematurely. The obvious solution would be a larger capacity OEM battery! (that last sentence was to HTC or Sprint, if anybodys listening)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro