PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
**FIXED**Weather database issues...

Ok, not having much success with this. I installed the weather database cab from the Touch Pro essentials and it had been working great since early January. However, today I try to look at the weather and it has started showing me IDS_STATE_0 under the town/state and for the 5 day, I see IDS_UNKNOWN, even deleting ans reselecting the town from the database gives me this result. However, the main cities like New You, LA and such still work just fine. It's only the smaller cities that seem to give me the issue.

So I decided to try to edit the database. I went in with the DB editor and have entered the Accuweather code(I remembered to turn TF3D off before editing) just about every which way possible but it continues to give me issues with my town. I have tried just a zipcode, as well as the NAM|US|ST|TOWN with no success.

Anyone else having this issue and if so(or not) what am I doing wrong.

Thanx

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 01-26-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: FIXED
Old 01-26-2009, 02:58 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Weather database issues...

had an issue after instaling something so i just re-installed the weather cab and it worked again.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:01 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application?

Old 01-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
had an issue after instaling something so i just re-installed the weather cab and it worked again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVIERBOND69 View Post
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application?
like they said

Old 01-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

I have tried uninstalling the weather DB cab(from the TP essentials thread) and reinstalling, but the same thing occurs. It seems as tho something may be cached, because after removing the city from the list and adding it back, it seemed to remember that it was there, stating when it was last updated(ie 6 hrs ago). Even after a refresh it still shows the issues, as stated in my initial post.

**EDIT*

Ok, magically after refreshing the weather data yet again(I refreshed it about 5 minutes earlier) it suddunly started working again. It must have been an issue with the update site as I did nothing other than refresh the screen again.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 01-26-2009 at 03:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i installed this morning and all worked ok.. not i am seeing the same issue when i refreshed the weather.... maybe something changed on accuweathers side,,,?
Old 01-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Re: **FIXED**Weather database issues...

See my edit. Seems as tho this was an accuweather issue, as mine started updating fine again.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mapleleaf14 is becoming a great contributor

Yeah - same deal here. Mine was showing the IDS_STATE_O error and after jacking with the program and my phone for like an hour & a 1/2, it looks like it was indeed just an issue with Accuweather or something cuz it seems to be working fine now!

At least all seems fine now, but that's an hour of my life I'll never get back! Good thing I'm at work!
Old 01-27-2009, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mapleleaf14 is becoming a great contributor

This morning it looks like there's still a problem. I have my home town and Orlando in my weather tab and this morning home was working but Orlando was showing the IDS_STATE_O error. I updated about 10 minutes ago and Orlando is working and home has the error!

Does anyone know any more info about why this happening all of a sudden?

Some kind of problem with Accuweather that our phones get the info from I assume.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Just checked mine and it is fine again today. I'd maybe send a note to Accuweather and see if they are aware of it. Not much we can do here since it's obviously an issue on their end.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro