PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bndfishing is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to turn off new message and missed call notifications

I have searched for this and haven't found the answer so maybe there isn't one.

I would like to turn off the missed call, new message notification that takes over the calendar softkey on the today screen. I don't mind it at the top of the screen but don't need anything at the bottom.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:31 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck
Re: How to turn off new message and missed call notifications

Go to settings> sounds & notifications > notifications

Old 01-28-2009, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have looked there, for all the notifications I have the "display" box unchecked. I am using the HTC today screen not TF3D
Old 01-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bndfishing View Post
I have looked there, for all the notifications I have the "display" box unchecked. I am using the HTC today screen not TF3D
when you have everything unchecked, how are you being notified you have a new text message for example?
Old 01-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

U can kill a notification bubble,if thats whats what u want.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:23 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

The post asks if there is a way to eliminate a notification from taking over the left soft key before it is cleared, not eliminate the notification completely. the solutions that have been suggested would not accomplish this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:34 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
The post asks if there is a way to eliminate a notification from taking over the left soft key before it is cleared, not eliminate the notification completely. the solutions that have been suggested would not accomplish this.
My bad, you are correct, disregard my last post, and I don't have a solution for the op unfortunately.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
U can kill a notification bubble,if thats whats what u want.
This would be a start and a great improvemet.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
This is just what I would like to accomplish. I use the calendar often and sometimes don't have time to clear the notifications when they pile up 3-4 deep.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:32 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Well,I can point you,but you have to do it on your own,because Im using vogue,and Ive being editing XMLs for a months to get an opposit result.Find the "HTCHomesettings.xml"in windows directory(use good file explorer,like resco or something).Copy it to storage card and keep a copy if things go wrong.Another copy of this file cut to your PC,open with notepad,and read carefully.Look for a "home widget".Delete necessary words,values(im sure its easy to recognise them),save changes.Overwright your new xml with existing file in windows,soft reset.I have changed weather coordinates,clocks in home widget using this method.

Last edited by vin255764; 01-29-2009 at 03:35 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro