PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 02:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

intel8052 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So just got my $50 Touch Pro... what do I do...

So I just got my Touch Pro in the mail earlier this evening. I had a mogul for a while and had been considering upgrading but didn't want to renew my contract or spend the $$ to upgrade.. then I lost the mogul over the weekend, put in for a replacement yesterday, and got a brand spankin' new touch pro today. Paid only $50 for it and didn't have to renew. No complaints yet (except that stock screen protector, damn PITA POS, or at least damn my impatience). lol

I looked around my new treading grounds of the Touch Pro forums, a few searches later I found the TP essentials thread. Even before that though, I took care of the reg edit to get rid of that useless "message sent" alert whenever I send a text.

But regardless... anything else that y'all would recommend I take care of right off the bat? I gotta go through the essentials and figure out what I want and don't want from that list, but anything which jumps to mind as a "gotta do"? I will be busy all day tomorrow and want to take care of any real "issues" I may run into throughout the day.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: So just got my $50 Touch Pro... what do I do...

Go through the options in post 1 of this thread and see if there's any of them you want to do. I highly recommend the clean up utility.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

Run stock for up to a full week so you can actually really feel the issues and when you make the changes you can feel them too. Most ppl flash so fast when they get a new toy they can't tell any difference because they were too flash happy. Don't do any clean up or anything till there has been plenty of time for you to feel and learn stock then play around

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
Old 01-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 01-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use my Mogul for work, even with memmaid it keeps freezing from low memory. I deleted a couple of semall programs, but this sticks, 13 months on mogul and sprint stll wants to change me 504.00. I have been a longgg time sprint customer. Any ideas?
Old 01-28-2009, 01:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
I use my Mogul for work, even with memmaid it keeps freezing from low memory. I deleted a couple of semall programs, but this sticks, 13 months on mogul and sprint stll wants to change me 504.00. I have been a longgg time sprint customer. Any ideas?
Tell them exactly that. You are tired of the constant problems you have been getting with the Mogul and you would like to replace it with the TP and shouldn't have to pay the price. If they won't budge or be reasonable, tell them you would like to speak with someone in retentions because you feel your money would be better spent with another carrier. Can't promise you will get a TP for $50 but you might be able to get a fair deal.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Almost a VIP

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Tell them exactly that. You are tired of the constant problems you have been getting with the Mogul and you would like to replace it with the TP and shouldn't have to pay the price. If they won't budge or be reasonable, tell them you would like to speak with someone in retentions because you feel your money would be better spent with another carrier. Can't promise you will get a TP for $50 but you might be able to get a fair deal.
I did all of that and they said maybe you should go to ther carrier. I talked to them nice not harsh words. I tld them I was even willing to pay 299.00
Old 01-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Well sometimes you just need to say thanks....hang up and call again in a day or two until you get someone who will work with you. Dealing with Sprint is more art than science. There aren't many rules so you just need to keep after them.

late,
Coz
Old 01-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Well sometimes you just need to say thanks....hang up and call again in a day or two until you get someone who will work with you. Dealing with Sprint is more art than science. There aren't many rules so you just need to keep after them.

late,
Coz
Done that 3 times and one supervisor
Old 01-28-2009, 02:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

intel8052 is a n00b

I have found that going to actual stores and even kiosks is usually better than dealing with the phone reps. Some stores earn on commission, so they would want to keep you and get the sale, some stores (the one I deal with) aren't on commission, so they dont give a damn about getting business through sales. Instead they dont give any BS, and get/keep customers that way.

Try going to different sprint stores in the area, see if you find one with a good sales rep/manager to explain your situation to. Might find one that says the crashes are enough to warrent repair/replacement and do it for ya. I had an old phone which wasnt broken, but battery life sucked all of a sudden, sometimes lasted 0-2 hours, sometimes a full day (after full charge, so I guess you could say it was broken in a way) and instead of charging me the 50$ replacement cost that insurance would have, they replaced it for free of charge.

The other option is if you have full insurance w/ replacement plan, manage to "lose" it. I am not saying to be dishonest or anything, but at this rate I am wishing I "lost" my mogul a month or 2 ago. Honestly though, if its having the crashing issues that is making it dificult to use (esp as a work phone) then technically it's broken. If its broken they should replace it. If they wont honor their end of the deal (replacing broken stuff) then I cant be held accountable if by some chance my phone falls from my pocket and ends up on the garage floor while I am working under my car and I dont realize until I have already driven over it. Havent dont it yet, but thats just my $0.02.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro