PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

hooterchacon is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
E-mail set up question

I have an e-mail set up question for all you tp professionals who might be able to shed some light on this problem for me as i cannot figure it out. ok this is what happend, i had my yahoo e-mail set up on my phone and every time i tried to send a message it would give me a failure notice saying pretty much it wasnt connected and when i checked my set up options my password had changed to a lot of characters (dont know what they were cuz all the characters where stars) and i re put in my password and tried to send again and the same problem persisted so i deleted my e-mail and tried to set it up again and when i get past putting in my password and go to the next step the password was different again. So if any of you have come across this problem or know an answer it would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

"A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials."
Old 01-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuff
Re: E-mail set up question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooterchacon View Post
I have an e-mail set up question for all you tp professionals who might be able to shed some light on this problem for me as i cannot figure it out. ok this is what happend, i had my yahoo e-mail set up on my phone and every time i tried to send a message it would give me a failure notice saying pretty much it wasnt connected and when i checked my set up options my password had changed to a lot of characters (dont know what they were cuz all the characters where stars) and i re put in my password and tried to send again and the same problem persisted so i deleted my e-mail and tried to set it up again and when i get past putting in my password and go to the next step the password was different again. So if any of you have come across this problem or know an answer it would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
This will happen with your password, don't worry about that. If you are having problems with sending email you may want to check your smtp settings for the outgoing email server. Add your username and password if it is required by yahoo.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Carrier: sprint

rwheeler is a n00b

you may not have evdo service either i know on my phone, sometimes i will get that message if the evdo on the top bar is grayed out, i have to soft reset the phone then send my messages. yahoo doesnt make you set up incoming and outgoing server it automatically does that for you.

Last edited by rwheeler; 01-28-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: not finished
Old 01-28-2009, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas8946 View Post
This will happen with your password, don't worry about that. If you are having problems with sending email you may want to check your smtp settings for the outgoing email server. Add your username and password if it is required by yahoo.
what do i need to change my smtp settings to?
Old 01-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooterchacon View Post
what do i need to change my smtp settings to?
I guess I should have asked first; are you able to receive your email?
Old 01-28-2009, 12:40 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

when I set up my email it detects my setting automatically.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
I assumed it would.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas8946 View Post
I guess I should have asked first; are you able to receive your email?
i was but now i cant get past the step where it asks for my incoming mail server it says in unsure check with your provider to get pop/imap settings, when i originally set it up i didnt have to put anything in the box.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
it used to do that but now when tries to get email settings online it says it usually takes 30 seconds but nothing happens and i think it has something to do with me upgrading to opera buld 9.5
Old 01-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I'm not sure without seeing it. I know you already mentioned this; But I would try to delete the old account, soft reset, and attempt to recreate the account. Let Outlook automatically detect the settings and see what happens.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro