PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 04:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
System/Ring Volume Control

Is there a tweak for the reg at all that makes the volume control buttons adjust the volume just one bar instead of 3?
Old 01-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: System/Ring Volume Control

Anyone? Anyone at all? Hello? It's dark in here and I can hear laughing...
Old 01-29-2009, 06:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

the only way i have found to have more options for sound levels is to go into the tf3d settings and use the d-pad on the sound level sliders. hitting left (lower) will go further than right (higher) so you can eventually get to your sweet spot. i know that does not answer your question, but that is the work around i use. 3 bars on the htc volume control meter is too loud for an office setting IMO.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
the only way i have found to have more options for sound levels is to go into the tf3d settings and use the d-pad on the sound level sliders. hitting left (lower) will go further than right (higher) so you can eventually get to your sweet spot. i know that does not answer your question, but that is the work around i use. 3 bars on the htc volume control meter is too loud for an office setting IMO.
Lol. The funny thing is I started this thread because I go to bed much later than my fiance, so when I go in to brush my teeth, I watch a quick youtube video while standing at the sink, and the 3 bar level was too loud. Haha...
Old 01-30-2009, 06:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

watching youtube vids while brushing your teeth...that's one hell of an addiction, or serious dedication.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: System/Ring Volume Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
watching youtube vids while brushing your teeth...that's one hell of an addiction, or serious dedication.
Thats the beauty of the Touch Pro or other phones like it..... we can feed our addictions.
BTW that's pretty good use of your hands...... bathroom video watching, stroking or was it brushing...... lol

Last edited by nmhusa; 01-30-2009 at 09:07 AM. Reason: one l too many
Old 01-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Lol. It was brushing. I've realized that if I have something to do while in the bathroom, I actually floss too, not jsut brush. And I do have a counter guys, that where the phone sits. lol
Old 03-05-2009, 10:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Gearhead01 is just getting started

I ran across this thread while trying to find a better way to adjust volume with finer resolution. Since I didn't find an answer here, I kept looking around and found a program called (strangely enough) Volume Control. It is freeware and can be obtained here: http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Au...ol-35536.shtml

I have installed this on my Sprint Touch Pro and it is working very well. You can use the up and down portions of the D pad to adjust volume in much finer resolution (100 steps!) than with the HTC volume control or the standard WinMo volume control (which I am using). I have created a shortcut on the Start menu to access the program, and will probably map a button for access using AEButton.

Last edited by Gearhead01; 03-05-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Another suggestion besides d-pad or a different volume control app would be to just use the touchscreen when you're on the volume control page. You can touch at any level to adjust the volume. Now, those of us with larger fingers may need to break out the stylus to get finer adjustments, but I just tested it myself and was able to use the very tip of my thumb to get the volume down to one bar.

Edit: That seems to only work on the System volume tab. The ringer volume still only adjusts in 3 bar increments (which, I believe is just a limitation of WinMo's ringer volume levels but if anyone knows different pls correct me if i'm wrong)

Last edited by abrigham; 03-05-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

has anyone checked into a registry tweak that would make the buttons raise or lower one notch instead of 3

Give some

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro