PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   System/Ring Volume Control (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=55232)

coolwhip1220 01-28-2009 04:32 AM

System/Ring Volume Control

Is there a tweak for the reg at all that makes the volume control buttons adjust the volume just one bar instead of 3?

coolwhip1220 01-28-2009 04:15 PM

Re: System/Ring Volume Control

Anyone? Anyone at all? Hello? It's dark in here and I can hear laughing...

tom6433 01-29-2009 06:28 AM

the only way i have found to have more options for sound levels is to go into the tf3d settings and use the d-pad on the sound level sliders. hitting left (lower) will go further than right (higher) so you can eventually get to your sweet spot. i know that does not answer your question, but that is the work around i use. 3 bars on the htc volume control meter is too loud for an office setting IMO.

coolwhip1220 01-30-2009 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom6433 (Post 675818)
the only way i have found to have more options for sound levels is to go into the tf3d settings and use the d-pad on the sound level sliders. hitting left (lower) will go further than right (higher) so you can eventually get to your sweet spot. i know that does not answer your question, but that is the work around i use. 3 bars on the htc volume control meter is too loud for an office setting IMO.

Lol. The funny thing is I started this thread because I go to bed much later than my fiance, so when I go in to brush my teeth, I watch a quick youtube video while standing at the sink, and the 3 bar level was too loud. Haha...

tom6433 01-30-2009 06:25 AM

watching youtube vids while brushing your teeth...that's one hell of an addiction, or serious dedication.

nmhusa 01-30-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom6433 (Post 678309)
watching youtube vids while brushing your teeth...that's one hell of an addiction, or serious dedication.

Thats the beauty of the Touch Pro or other phones like it..... we can feed our addictions.
BTW that's pretty good use of your hands...... bathroom video watching, stroking or was it brushing...... lol

coolwhip1220 01-30-2009 04:10 PM

Lol. It was brushing. I've realized that if I have something to do while in the bathroom, I actually floss too, not jsut brush. And I do have a counter guys, that where the phone sits. lol

Gearhead01 03-05-2009 10:52 AM

I ran across this thread while trying to find a better way to adjust volume with finer resolution. Since I didn't find an answer here, I kept looking around and found a program called (strangely enough) Volume Control. It is freeware and can be obtained here: http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Au...ol-35536.shtml

I have installed this on my Sprint Touch Pro and it is working very well. You can use the up and down portions of the D pad to adjust volume in much finer resolution (100 steps!) than with the HTC volume control or the standard WinMo volume control (which I am using). I have created a shortcut on the Start menu to access the program, and will probably map a button for access using AEButton.

abrigham 03-05-2009 11:17 AM

Another suggestion besides d-pad or a different volume control app would be to just use the touchscreen when you're on the volume control page. You can touch at any level to adjust the volume. Now, those of us with larger fingers may need to break out the stylus to get finer adjustments, but I just tested it myself and was able to use the very tip of my thumb to get the volume down to one bar.

Edit: That seems to only work on the System volume tab. The ringer volume still only adjusts in 3 bar increments (which, I believe is just a limitation of WinMo's ringer volume levels but if anyone knows different pls correct me if i'm wrong)

OR78 03-05-2009 09:14 PM

has anyone checked into a registry tweak that would make the buttons raise or lower one notch instead of 3