PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Wingzfan is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth Auto on/off

Just curious if theres a program or hack out there that will turn bluetooth on when I turn on my headset and off when I turn the headset off? Basically it would toggle on and off as I flip my headset mic open or close (motorola h700) using an active connection management.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:36 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: Bluetooth Auto on/off

look up bluetooth wifi toggle in the search..
Old 01-27-2009, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah Ive seen those but Im wondering if somethings ever been done that the bluetooth headset controlled the bluetooth feature on the phone by being active or off. Alot of times I forget to turn off the BT on the phone after a long drive home and it results in draining the battery. If BT shutoff when I turned my headset off that would be a huge plus.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingzfan View Post
Just curious if theres a program or hack out there that will turn bluetooth on when I turn on my headset and off when I turn the headset off? Basically it would toggle on and off as I flip my headset mic open or close (motorola h700) using an active connection management.
There is no program that will turn bluetooth on autmatically when you turn your headset on and off. The only way the phone can pick up bluetooth is if bluetooth is on. They have the 1 touch bluetooth and wifi bottons, where you can put bluetooth on and off in the programs or start menu.

Last edited by p-slim; 01-28-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I saw a patent for this the other day but Im not sure how they'd get it to work because like you said, bt has to be on to detect the headset. The headset would have to have the control over the phones bt I guess to handle this. Anyhow, is there anything that will cause a bt timeout? If a device isnt active for "x" amount of time the bt on the phone would shut off?
Old 01-27-2009, 11:24 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i just turn bluetooth off when i'm done with the call. its really not that much of a hassle if you have a bt icon in the start menu. takes 2 seconds.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro