PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Former: Treo 650, Sprint Touch, Sprint Mogul. Current: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

frostrambler is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to frostrambler
Sprint replaced my Touch Pro with a new retail Touch Pro, what do I send back?

My old Touch Pro had a mechanical issue with the buttons. Sprint replaced my Touch Pro with a brand new retail box.

I have spoken to a few people here on PPCGeeks, and some others too.

Everyone is giving me conflicting information. I contacted Sprint, and they also gave me conflicting information.

Most people on PPCGeeks told me to ONLY send back the Phone and battery cover, and to keep EVERYTHING else, including the 1gb memory card, the charger, the battery, the stylus, etc.

Most people on another forum told me to send back the Phone, the battery cover, the battery itself, and one stylus.

I just called Sprint, and they told me to send back everything, all accessories. I explained that the envelope is too small, so they put a notation on my account and told me to send back:

The phone and anything that fits into it, so the stylus, battery, battery cover, and I'm not sure about the data card.

They told me that if they need anything else and I get charged, the notation on my account will absolve me of any issues, and to hold on to the accessories in case I am contacted for them.

So with quite a few people here having experience with Sprint, maybe someone hear can give me a better picture?

I'd love to have the extra battery, and the extra stylus, but I don't want a headache with Sprint later. Should I stay safe and mail back the phone, cover, data card, stylus and battery, and my account note would keep me safe on the other accessories... or what?
Old 01-27-2009, 10:10 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Sprint replaced my Touch Pro with a new retail Touch Pro, what do I send back?

no, only mail back the phone... or take it to a store... makes your life SOOO much easier

Old 01-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work
Re: Sprint replaced my Touch Pro with a new retail Touch Pro, what do I send back?

is it really worth the hassle? i see where you are coming from, and i might be tempted in the same way, but i know my luck and i would get charged for everything i didn't send back and then have to sit on the phone for an hour trying to explain what happened. do what you want but i would send it all back.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

techsavvy is a n00b

totally different company but my aunt just got a new phone from att&t and she did not like it. she ordered it over the phone. she went into the store and saw another one she liked and she brought everything back and exchanged it in the store. I would call sprint and tell them to notate in youe accuint that you are going to take everything back to the store so you wont have to mail it in nad then take care of everything in the store. You should not have a problem. I wish I knew you because I coild speak for you to one of the reps. I've been with sprint ten years so I know how to work them over. I have a touch pro as well and I have had a few problems. Try out what i jusy told you and let me know how it works out
Old 01-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Frostrambler, with all due respect, asking Sprint was a bit of a mistake, a mistake I've made myself months ago, back when I was a Treo 800w user and got a replacement of that device.

I just had to pick up a replacement Touch Pro yesterday from the Sprint store in my area. Much better to do the swap at the store, so they can take care of setting up your new device right there on the spot and you can confirm the new device is OK right there in front of Sprint employees. I gave them my old Touch Pro and the battery cover, nothing more. They gave me a brand new Touch Pro, with battery and stylus. Of course I was not going to go asking for the box and all considering I'm up one battery and one stylus as it is, I don't want to talk and have them ask me for anything. The Sprint store reps did not request anything more after they saw what I handed them.

Back when I had a Treo 800w and had to get a replacement, like you I asked and they said give them everything and so I did. I pretty much had locked myself into it a bit since I asked. But with the Touch Pro return, I didn't ask, gave them the device with battery cover on it and they didn't ask for anything more.

When you do it in person, if they want more they are looking at you and can request it, but even face to face they do not, unless YOU bring it up.

The battery once used is no longer good for resale as new. Far as I know, they don't refurbish batteries. Batteries start losing their charge and so they have no idea how much charge your battery has lost already. The stylus is so cheap to replace, they don't really care.

If you had not already asked Sprint and had your account marked, I'd say don't give them anything but the device and battery cover and don't have any conversation with them about it unless they ask for more. But you've got your account marked now. If I were you NOW, I'd give them exactly what they requested, device, battery, stylus and battery cover.

Don't fret that you didn't get to keep the battery, you'll own other devices in the future that need replacement and you can do things differently then .
Old 01-27-2009, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Former: Treo 650, Sprint Touch, Sprint Mogul. Current: Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
Frostrambler, with all due respect, asking Sprint was a bit of a mistake, a mistake I've made myself months ago, back when I was a Treo 800w user and got a replacement of that device.

I just had to pick up a replacement Touch Pro yesterday from the Sprint store in my area. Much better to do the swap at the store, so they can take care of setting up your new device right there on the spot and you can confirm the new device is OK right there in front of Sprint employees. I gave them my old Touch Pro and the battery cover, nothing more. They gave me a brand new Touch Pro, with battery and stylus. Of course I was not going to go asking for the box and all considering I'm up one battery and one stylus as it is, I don't want to talk and have them ask me for anything. The Sprint store reps did not request anything more after they saw what I handed them.

Back when I had a Treo 800w and had to get a replacement, like you I asked and they said give them everything and so I did. I pretty much had locked myself into it a bit since I asked. But with the Touch Pro return, I didn't ask, gave them the device with battery cover on it and they didn't ask for anything more.

When you do it in person, if they want more they are looking at you and can request it, but even face to face they do not, unless YOU bring it up.

The battery once used is no longer good for resale as new. Far as I know, they don't refurbish batteries. Batteries start losing their charge and so they have no idea how much charge your battery has lost already. The stylus is so cheap to replace, they don't really care.

If you had not already asked Sprint and had your account marked, I'd say don't give them anything but the device and battery cover and don't have any conversation with them about it unless they ask for more. But you've got your account marked now. If I were you NOW, I'd give them exactly what they requested, device, battery, stylus and battery cover.

Don't fret that you didn't get to keep the battery, you'll own other devices in the future that need replacement and you can do things differently then .
Nah, when we spoke on the phone, she told me that she was putting a note on my account that I would not return accessories because of no room in the envelope. If Sprint ever gave me an issue about not returning the battery or stylus, I can just say that I thought that putting the battery in the phone was dangerous etc.

Honestly, the stylus though, my new TP has one, the new retail box has a second, and the old retail box has a third. So not keeping a 4th won't kill me :P

The charger and everything else I would keep, I even told the lady the charger won't fit in the envelope, so its really just about the battery.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gissentml is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to gissentml

Just send back the phone. no battery no back cover no accessories. you may have messed yourself up by calling in to customer service. Technically they were supposed to send you a replacement phone, like they were for me. The thing is, they had to pay for an insurance claim and get me an entirely new phone. So now i have a new phone with double accessories. This is not scamming them in any way. Just look at the yellow envelope. it is made just for the phone.

If you ever have issues with your phone again I gaurantee, because of the availability of refurbs, you will recieve a phone with no battery or battery cover.

contact sprint and keep your accessories...you paid for them. Sprint has no way of using those accessories again. They are not marked for individual sale and they wont be sent out or sold with new phones or refurbs.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I see, my envelope is a small white one, with a United States Postal Service label, it can fit the phone, and anything that can fit inside the phone.

I guess I will just send off the phone with the battery and one stylus.

One battery is enough for me, I don't have an external stylus, and I am planning to buy a second higher capacity battery anyway.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

If they said specifically "no accessories" on your account. You can probably keep the battery and even the stylus.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gissentml is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to gissentml

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostrambler View Post
I see, my envelope is a small white one, with a United States Postal Service label, it can fit the phone, and anything that can fit inside the phone.

I guess I will just send off the phone with the battery and one stylus.

One battery is enough for me, I don't have an external stylus, and I am planning to buy a second higher capacity battery anyway.
your choice. but speak with cust service. get another rep. im 100% sure you can keep it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro