PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul
Carrier: sprint

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Threaded text msg app for Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
I used my old cab for cody's , but it seems like it is a seperate app. It did not bind them together in anyway nor does it work with TF3D.
yes it wont it is a seperate app and will not combine, unless guys over here know how to tweak it, but it is usuable even if you use touch flo by tapping the all message in the text touch flo display.

I removed the threaded app and have all my messages back except the ones created and recieved while the app was on my device.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Wingzfan is becoming a great contributor

I used to use smschat which worked really well but it does cost like 10 bucks
Old 01-27-2009, 07:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ale896 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketab View Post
I removed the threaded app and have all my messages back except the ones created and recieved while the app was on my device.
Wait, just so I am clear, are you saying that you installed Cody's app, imported all your old messages, created/received some new ones, uninstalled Cody's app, and all your old text messages (minus the newly created/received ones) are now in the TF3D SMS app? If so, that would be GREAT!

But that begs another question...is there a way to easily archive the text messages from the native app? With Cody's app, all you had to do was save that Palm*.* file in the Windows directory to somewhere else. Is it that easy with TF3D?

Or am I even making sense?
Old 01-27-2009, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pocket

jupiter is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale896 View Post
Wait, just so I am clear, are you saying that you installed Cody's app, imported all your old messages, created/received some new ones, uninstalled Cody's app, and all your old text messages (minus the newly created/received ones) are now in the TF3D SMS app? If so, that would be GREAT!

But that begs another question...is there a way to easily archive the text messages from the native app? With Cody's app, all you had to do was save that Palm*.* file in the Windows directory to somewhere else. Is it that easy with TF3D?

Or am I even making sense?
Yeh when you install teh coddy threaded, you'll receive a few old texts that you already received. It'll only happened for a lil while after you install, and all will be good.

As they said doesnt work with TF3D, and i think it also makes some of my notifications/sounds not stick. However, it has ZERO keyboard lag, which is the sole reason why i installed it.

I have magicall call installed (filters texts messages) and it wont create new folders, that wont work either

But again, NO lag that comes with the stock windows 6.1 messenger.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D
Threadstarter

ubigred is becoming a great contributor

I actually have the cab for the original cody text msg app. However , after installing on my touch pro , you can tell its not made for the TP. The emoticons are really really small and the txt msgs wont come up on tf3d.....making the cab worthless
Old 01-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubigred View Post
I actually have the cab for the original cody text msg app. However , after installing on my touch pro , you can tell its not made for the TP. The emoticons are really really small and the txt msgs wont come up on tf3d.....making the cab worthless
Well, it not coming up on TF3D is no big deal for me, I have disabled it and use SPB mobile shell instead. I think I will look for the .cab when i get home, because this keyboard lag is getting annoying, kinda defeats the purpose of buying the TP over the diamond.

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
Old 01-27-2009, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pocket

jupiter is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotum View Post
Well, it not coming up on TF3D is no big deal for me, I have disabled it and use SPB mobile shell instead. I think I will look for the .cab when i get home, because this keyboard lag is getting annoying, kinda defeats the purpose of buying the TP over the diamond.
yeh i use spb mobile and the standard today screen,just have the option for the text to display across screen when received(and it will show the contact person's pic). all has a nice total at the top that tells you the total number of texts you have

and yes, NO KEYBOARD LAG at all is major selling point of this threaded chat

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro