PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Did/Will, you buy this dock?
Yes and I dont have a issue 4 25.00%
No, and I never will because of the issues 10 62.50%
Maybe, and dont care about what you said, ill take my chances 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Caveat emptor (Buyer Beware) "SOLVED"

that "stupid pointless part" is a diode. it is designed to prevent back feeding. it only lets current flow in one direction. the diode may have failed or may be forward biased instead of reversed. it is probably fixable to function correctly without loosing the ac charging.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:25 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
Wait a second... This looks like a dock for the GSM Touch Pro, and I dunno if this could be related to any kind of certain default voltage settings, but if it's European, it's supposed to be in an outlet that supports about 230 volts. Our region's outlets support about 115 volts for example.
its a US plug
Old 01-27-2009, 07:27 PM
mabru2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
that "stupid pointless part" is a diode. it is designed to prevent back feeding. it only lets current flow in one direction. the diode may have failed or may be forward biased instead of reversed. it is probably fixable to function correctly without loosing the ac charging.
Im not the only one who had the power back feed with this dock. But ill see what happens with the replacement, if it works ill just solder the wire back on this one and send it back.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

So never mind this defective dock, what's a good dock with 2nd battery charger to get? I'd like one that has a high capacity charger. (> 1000mAH)
Old 01-28-2009, 12:51 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
So never mind this defective dock, what's a good dock with 2nd battery charger to get? I'd like one that has a high capacity charger. (> 1000mAH)

there are threads for that discussion. this inst it.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
there are threads for that discussion. this inst it.
Yea I've read some of those, still trying to find a good dock though. I can't say possibly bringing up suitable alternatives to the defective dock is something I see being off topic. It would only help those who would rather have something else that performs similar function.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:06 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41805

There arnt a lot of "good" anythings out for this phone in my opinion but this is where this should be discussed if you don't see what you like in there then you can ask. Not trying to be rude its just that there alot of threads that get off topic, this one is about this perticullar dock being a pice of crap and how he fixed it. thanks!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:32 PM
mabru2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41805

There arnt a lot of "good" anythings out for this phone in my opinion but this is where this should be discussed if you don't see what you like in there then you can ask. Not trying to be rude its just that there alot of threads that get off topic, this one is about this perticullar dock being a pice of crap and how he fixed it. thanks!
"Fixed" is such a strong word. I prefer "remedied the problem".
Old 03-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SkidMarx is a n00b

Which unit are we talking about here?

We didn't see it listed anywhere.

Thanks
Old 03-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

The dock I ordered finally came in. It does not look like the one pictured there on Elitextreme.com, it looks JUST LIKE the one Mabru2001 had. I have not had a single problem out of it. Perhaps they resolved whatever issues there might have been. Because my order was delayed for weeks while they waited to get some in stock.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro