PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   having trouble with sprite terminator (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=55099)

bigearscustoms 01-27-2009 01:25 PM

having trouble with sprite terminator

i have the touch pro and just put sprite terminator in. followed all the directions and everything was setup no problem. now i use a friends cell to test it and send the text. my phone turns on like its receiving a notification but doesnt do anything else but light up which i think its supposed to be doing since you dont want the thief knowing that you are tracking it. anyways, all looks good like its working but i never get a reply to my command text if i ask for query or gps. i waited overnight already and still no reply back on my friends cell. anyone having same issue? any hints that im just not seeing? thanks

TheRealHotshot 01-27-2009 02:19 PM

Re: having trouble with sprite terminator

Not sure why its not working. I just tried my query and gps and it came right now. And for the gps I found out if you send the gps command right beside the phone it don't show anything. I tried it in the in another room away from the phone and it showed it where its at

bigearscustoms 01-27-2009 03:00 PM

im not getting any replies for any commands i send though

HBOOT 01-27-2009 03:31 PM

Dude are you trying the gps cmd only? try another kind of query. May be your gps settings are a prob...it needs to be veriFIED. I send cmd gps right next to my phone and it works...so we can dismiss that distance has anything to do with it

jupiter 01-27-2009 04:30 PM

ur friends neeeds to be on the list, or for testing purposes, dont turn on the accept cell # list, then send a query. no problems here on touch pro

TheRealHotshot 01-27-2009 04:36 PM

Well if I have my touch pro right beside me and I send a cmd from my other phone the gps comes up o but if I step away from it it tell me...but like the post above me make sure its on the list. But listen to hbenz he really helped me with setting mine up on my touch pro :headbang:

ou2mame 01-27-2009 04:54 PM

yeah, you should make sure that its selected to reply back to sender, instead of having a safe list, in case you don't have access to a safe list phone. obviously if you know your password, thats enough.

also;
what settings are you using for gps?
did you do a gps test?
does it bring up actual coordinates?
did you plug them into google earth to make sure its not just jumble?

bigearscustoms 01-27-2009 05:13 PM

i uninstalled, soft reset, reinstalled, soft reset, did everything i did originally and now it works. i did have all the settings correct the first time but i dont remember it asking me to reset after i filled out all the program info the first time. this time it did and now it works perfectly and i couldnt be happier/ amazingly great program. and thanks for all the help, especially the one that suggested to unistall and reinstall on my other post. thanks