PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
About to come over from a Mogul...

Just a few quick questions. I see some recommended tweaks. That's all good. But I have a few questions on my favorite and "used every day" apps on my Mogul. Do people have success with the following apps on their TP?

Opera Mini -- love it... need it.
Garmin XT -- Yeah... I get lost still. What's it to ya?
Slingbox -- Nothing like watching one game, while being at another.
C-ApiSRO -- Listening to Howard Stern is great on my Mogul.
S2U2 -- Love this app... looks great... works better.
Kinoma -- I enjoy listening to some internet radio through this.
Skyfire -- Don't really need it, but nice for embedded vids and youtube.

So... success or fail with these apps on the TP? Will I enjoy my trip to the other side? I have LOVED my Mogul for a long time, but Sprint is sending a new TP in the next few days... so I gotta be prepared!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Old 01-27-2009, 01:06 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: About to come over from a Mogul...

i use all but opera mini and garmin. use hd slingbox. dont forget to use s2u2 1.42 vga. may also wanna use juggalos opera with flash allready working, love it for xxx. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51483

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 01-27-2009 at 01:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:31 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeuw19 View Post
Will I enjoy my trip to the other side? I have LOVED my Mogul for a long time, but Sprint is sending a new TP in the next few days... so I gotta be prepared!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
It seems a lot of people disagree, but I have to say the TP is so much superior to the Mogul in almost every way. Judging by what you use yours for, I'd say the same will go for you. I'm not sure if Opera Mini will work or not. I used it on my Touch and Mogul, but haven't even wanted to use it on my TP. I prefer the Opera Mobile browser.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

I came from a mogul and was a little worried about the transition as well. All programs should work fine. One thing to remember is when you install s2u2 you need to go to ACs site and get the VGA version as the one you have for the mogul won't work properly. It will work but everything will be off. And for the wallpapers you are currently using (and any other pic files too) will need to be resized for vga.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

hooterchacon is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeuw19 View Post
Just a few quick questions. I see some recommended tweaks. That's all good. But I have a few questions on my favorite and "used every day" apps on my Mogul. Do people have success with the following apps on their TP?

Opera Mini -- love it... need it.
Garmin XT -- Yeah... I get lost still. What's it to ya?
Slingbox -- Nothing like watching one game, while being at another.
C-ApiSRO -- Listening to Howard Stern is great on my Mogul.
S2U2 -- Love this app... looks great... works better.
Kinoma -- I enjoy listening to some internet radio through this.
Skyfire -- Don't really need it, but nice for embedded vids and youtube.

So... success or fail with these apps on the TP? Will I enjoy my trip to the other side? I have LOVED my Mogul for a long time, but Sprint is sending a new TP in the next few days... so I gotta be prepared!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

I agree i was also worried about coming to the TP but i couldnt be any happier!

"A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials."
Old 01-27-2009, 02:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you like your Mogul, you'll love the Touch Pro. It addresses all of the main complaints with the Mogul...OK, mainly just RAM... but the screen is awesome, TF3D is great, camera is a step up, light sensor/accelerometer are awesome features, etc., etc., etc.

If you don't like WM in general, the Pro won't change your mind. If you do like WM, you'll love the Pro.

In regard to your questions about specific apps, I believe there are VGA compatible versions of everything you listed. And some, like Kinoma, even make great use of the accelerometer and other Pro-exclusive features.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:08 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Make sure you get VGA versions of whatever you use.
I was a S2U2 fan in mogul days, but I'm using touchlock pro on the TP since its automatic unlock is darn handy, ymmv.

Also, don't forget to deal with the delayed ringer. Seriously. Follow any of the recommended tweaks guides there.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I use every program listed there with no problem whatever except s2u2.

I have tried repeatedly to get s2u2 to work in my TP with no luck at all.

At this point, I don't care as I found PocketShield which works perfectly & has some cool features.

~John
Old 01-27-2009, 03:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
In regard to your questions about specific apps, I believe there are VGA compatible versions of everything you listed. .
Well, sort of. Sling Mobile works in the TP. but it DOES NOT support VGA resolution unfortunately. Sling works in my TP, I use it every day but it actually worked better in my old Titan/Mogul.

~John
Old 01-27-2009, 03:22 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Dude , you are not here yet...most of us came from the Mogul man, matter of fact I still have mine loaded with games for my daughter when she visits. MAN, the mogul screen looks ugly, no bs. I love the Mogul and its buttons...time to move on dog

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro