PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can the number of Favorite People be increased?

On the people tab in TF3D the number of favorite pictures allowed is 16. Can this be increased? Is there a hack? I would like about 50-100.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 11-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: Can the number of Favorite People be increased?

Wouldn't it be faster to just pull up your contacts at that point?
Old 11-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

lmfao...@ 50 or 100 fav ppl. if it was 50 or 100 youd think it just be called "contact list" and not "favorites"

-Chez
Old 11-02-2008, 03:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

So we obviously use this differently, and you are of no help, thanks. I use speed dial and redial for my regularly use calls not favorite people. Can anyone help?
Old 11-12-2008, 02:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: SprintPCS

DEFAULTx is a n00b

I'm interested in this also otherwise what's the point of just having a short list of favs?!
Old 11-12-2008, 02:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
So we obviously use this differently, and you are of no help, thanks. I use speed dial and redial for my regularly use calls not favorite people. Can anyone help?

i understand completely what you're saying. i have a company directory that i used on my touch. it had only company people on it. then i switched to personal and it had only family and friends on it. i don't particularly like the design of the favorites. it need to be enhanced greatly.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:52 PM
N00b

DEFAULTx is a n00b

Does anyone know how these screens are created, like would they be part of one of the manila folders. I've been snooping around the files in hopes of finding something in reference to the Favorites. So far no luck, but I hope it's a simple change to increase it!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:52 AM
N00b

DEFAULTx is a n00b

To The Top
Old 11-14-2008, 03:03 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

damn. By that time, I'd rather just go to the phone and use the smart dialing to pull somebody up. You do know that you can dial somebody's name using the phone and it comes up as well, right?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

While I understand what you're going for fatboy, what you're looking for is a Contacts tab, not a Favorites tab. The whole point is that Favorites are meant to be a replacement for "Speed Dial" options... it's limited, because it's supposed to be "Frequent Contacts" or however you want to call it. That's also why the "All People" is immediately available in the lower left to access the full Contacts list.

While I can see how it would seem convenient to have the entire Contacts listing on the main tab just in the same way it's nice having Call History on a tab, it's also a bit redundant (is it really that cumbersome to click Favorites > All people?) and is likely to slow Manila down when it processes the contacts list. At the risk of sound a bit rude, just because it's how you currently work, doesn't mean it's efficient.

That said, here's the answer to your question... No. I have not seen any option for increasing the number of favorites NOR the ability to add an actual Contacts tab... yet. However, if I find anything I will post it on the Manila Customizations thread (link is in my signature).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro