PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

blockburner28 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To charge or to not charge?

Before I start playing with this phone should I charge it first or should I just play with it and let it die so I can charge it from 0 to 100%. Thanks in advance
Old 01-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: To charge or to not charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockburner28 View Post
Before I start playing with this phone should I charge it first or should I just play with it and let it die so I can charge it from 0 to 100%. Thanks in advance
There are several threads that already talk about this subject, but with these li-ion batteries you really don't want to drain it completely, it could possibly be more harmful than good. When I got my pro for the first time I just charge it first time(out of habit) since I new I was going to be playing with it for a while.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

blockburner28 is a n00b

thanks i'll jusr charge it also to full then play with it. ups should be here in a few hours
Old 01-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockburner28 View Post
thanks i'll jusr charge it also to full then play with it. ups should be here in a few hours
Before you do anything, you should also do a hard reset. Congrats on the phone.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
Before you do anything, you should also do a hard reset. Congrats on the phone.
Oh yeah +1 for the hard reset when you get it. When I got my diamond and my pro there were little weird quirks with both right out of the box but a hard reset totally fixed it right up. So yeah hard reset, and if you gonna activate the phone yourself online activate it before you turn the phone on for the first time.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

blockburner28 is a n00b
Angry Re: To charge or to not charge?

thanks so much guys. Me and the family just moved back to louisiana so the only internet I have is on the mogul and for some reason I can't ue it as a modem no more
Old 01-26-2009, 02:44 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

search they have threads for that too

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

VR4ever is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
There are several threads that already talk about this subject, but with these li-ion batteries you really don't want to drain it completely, it could possibly be more harmful than good. When I got my pro for the first time I just charge it first time(out of habit) since I new I was going to be playing with it for a while.
I agree. It's better for li-on batteries to be kept closer to full capacity instead of draining it. They don't have cell memory but when it gets low enough you'll damage it and the capacity of the battery won't be as big as before. I usually charge mine whenever I get the chance to whether it's in my car or whenever I'm next to an outlet. I've never had any problems doing it this way and the battery life is the same as when I got it. Remember, if you're going to store it do so with a 50% charge and leave it in a cool place.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro