PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   **FIXED**Weather database issues... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54934)

Chuck_IV 01-26-2009 02:56 PM

**FIXED**Weather database issues...

Ok, not having much success with this. I installed the weather database cab from the Touch Pro essentials and it had been working great since early January. However, today I try to look at the weather and it has started showing me IDS_STATE_0 under the town/state and for the 5 day, I see IDS_UNKNOWN, even deleting ans reselecting the town from the database gives me this result. However, the main cities like New You, LA and such still work just fine. It's only the smaller cities that seem to give me the issue.

So I decided to try to edit the database. I went in with the DB editor and have entered the Accuweather code(I remembered to turn TF3D off before editing) just about every which way possible but it continues to give me issues with my town. I have tried just a zipcode, as well as the NAM|US|ST|TOWN with no success.

Anyone else having this issue and if so(or not) what am I doing wrong.

Thanx

WarChild 01-26-2009 02:58 PM

Re: Weather database issues...

had an issue after instaling something so i just re-installed the weather cab and it worked again.

JAVIERBOND007 01-26-2009 03:01 PM

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application?

jason25 01-26-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 668253)
had an issue after instaling something so i just re-installed the weather cab and it worked again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAVIERBOND69 (Post 668259)
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application?

like they said

Chuck_IV 01-26-2009 03:17 PM

I have tried uninstalling the weather DB cab(from the TP essentials thread) and reinstalling, but the same thing occurs. It seems as tho something may be cached, because after removing the city from the list and adding it back, it seemed to remember that it was there, stating when it was last updated(ie 6 hrs ago). Even after a refresh it still shows the issues, as stated in my initial post.

**EDIT*

Ok, magically after refreshing the weather data yet again(I refreshed it about 5 minutes earlier) it suddunly started working again. It must have been an issue with the update site as I did nothing other than refresh the screen again.

itouch24 01-26-2009 03:19 PM

i installed this morning and all worked ok.. not i am seeing the same issue when i refreshed the weather.... maybe something changed on accuweathers side,,,?

Chuck_IV 01-26-2009 03:21 PM

Re: **FIXED**Weather database issues...

See my edit. Seems as tho this was an accuweather issue, as mine started updating fine again.

mapleleaf14 01-26-2009 03:56 PM

Yeah - same deal here. Mine was showing the IDS_STATE_O error and after jacking with the program and my phone for like an hour & a 1/2, it looks like it was indeed just an issue with Accuweather or something cuz it seems to be working fine now!

At least all seems fine now, but that's an hour of my life I'll never get back! Good thing I'm at work! ;-)

mapleleaf14 01-27-2009 09:37 AM

This morning it looks like there's still a problem. I have my home town and Orlando in my weather tab and this morning home was working but Orlando was showing the IDS_STATE_O error. I updated about 10 minutes ago and Orlando is working and home has the error!

Does anyone know any more info about why this happening all of a sudden?

Some kind of problem with Accuweather that our phones get the info from I assume.

Chuck_IV 01-27-2009 09:44 AM

Just checked mine and it is fine again today. I'd maybe send a note to Accuweather and see if they are aware of it. Not much we can do here since it's obviously an issue on their end.