PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Accidently Hitting Power Button While Texting (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54907)

bugsysiegals 01-26-2009 02:02 PM

Accidently Hitting Power Button While Texting

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced this but I thought I'd create a post to see if anyone knows of a fix for this.

The only real gripe I have with the HTC Pro is the location of the power button. It should be on the top right instead of the top left.

When I slide the keyboard open and hold the phone for texting, my left pointer finger sometimes rubs the power button which causes the screen to either turn off or if held down prompts me to turn off the device. This is extremely annoying and I'd like to disable it during texting if possible.

Does anybody have a fix for this other than just trying to keep my finger from hitting it??

kyrumo 01-26-2009 02:04 PM

Re: Accidently Hitting Power Button While Texting

Yea I hate that :-(

No1ustad 01-26-2009 02:18 PM

the volume buttons shouldve also switched sides so they can actually be used w/ a keyboard out..

kyle4269 01-26-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1ustad (Post 668110)
the volume buttons shouldve also switched sides so they can actually be used w/ a keyboard out..

Yeah thats one of my biggest problems while using the keyboard!

BigDiesel07 01-26-2009 02:22 PM

Had that happen many times.. Not fun :(

Oxymoron238 01-26-2009 02:29 PM

Strange... I've never experienced this. I don't really understand how you could hit the power button while typing on the hardware keyboard, but then again, the Pro is my first hardware keyboard device, so I don't know...

jmorton10 01-26-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1ustad (Post 668110)

yea, how stupid is that setup??

~John

BigDiesel07 01-26-2009 02:37 PM

lol... They ported it straight from the Diamond :D

WarChild 01-26-2009 02:42 PM

I too hate this.

VR4ever 01-26-2009 03:02 PM

I had that problem too. It felt very awkward to reposition my fingers so that I didn't hit it all the time. I noticed that when I got a rubberized case for it, I don't have that problem anymore. I haven't decided whether I want to use it all the time because my full body protector offers good scratch resistance already.

Having raised edges from the case doesn't make it flow as well going across the face of the device from the screen to the touch pad and wheel. The rubberized case did help with my problem of losing the stylus when I took my phone out of the OEM case. Everytime I would take the phone out, the stylus would catch on one of the loops in the OEM case and would already be half way out of the phone. Now I don't use the OEM case because the combined with the rubberized case it's very bulky. At least I only paid $21 for 4 of the rubberized cases in various colors and the tabs are stronger than the Seidio ones. I broke one of the tabs off the Seidio case for my Mogul within a few months.