PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 04:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
best ROM for Sprint TP on VZ service??

I have had been running a Sprint TP on Verizon service for a few months now & it's awesome:

I am running the leaked VZ ROM & everything works perfectly. I did a hard reset way back when it was new & it messed up my QPST setting & messed up my data connection so I have not really wanted to do that again.

Since the thing works perfectly, I really have no reason whatever to flash to a new ROM but I'm bored & feel like tweaking it so I'm getting the "flash urge"

When I had my Titan's I flashed them constantly to different ROM's & then restored a working BU with SPB Backup. I am now considering doing the same thing to the TP, but the difference is I didn't have to worry about QPST settings etc in the Titan.

My question is about the the different options available ROM wise & I am more worried about totally messing up the system than I am in various ROM features at this point. Since I am not flashing constantly like in the Titan days, I haven't really kept up on the current ROM's.

I am looking for advice on what ROM to try, & I am not really concerned that ROM A is a hair faster than ROM B etc. I am really wondering what you guys would recommend as a stable ROM that won't trash my system & cause me to redo two months of customizations (although I accept that that is always a possibility)

~John
Old 01-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: best ROM for Sprint TP on VZ service??

Last time I asked about ROM preference, my thread got closed, but I'll try to help.

I'm running Y4J's 4.0 ROM. Personally, its my favorite. However, the developer disappeared 2 months ago, so I can't guarantee future updates. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43229

There's also calkulin's kitchen, which has some nice options:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50857

I've heard good things from juggalo_x's kitchen as well: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616
Old 01-24-2009, 04:34 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

My favorite is mightymikes rom

Old 01-24-2009, 06:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Yup here we go again.... 10 threads this week on this same subject.

Wow, now we got another one.

To show that I am truly unbiased and just want thes little to no real value threads to go away I wont even say a damn word about my ROM! I wont.... I wont... I swear I wont.. I swear!!!!!

I lied!

Check out my sig block!

But man, dont post a thread like this.... Ever / see here of the term self destrcution? How about outdated as soon as you get the info? Like they say on "Fark" This is sure to end well!

Getting the gas flowing.... lighter is in hand.... Im not gonna do it people... Im playing nice.... Think before you post to my response... Im being nice, I really am!!!!!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 01-24-2009, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Last time I asked about ROM preference, my thread got closed, but I'll try to help.

I'm running Y4J's 4.0 ROM. Personally, its my favorite. However, the developer disappeared 2 months ago, so I can't guarantee future updates. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43229

Yep then theres my kitchen in my SIg block. Its desgnied for and by VZW users and VZW users only. The only kitchen to incorporate ALL the verizon drivers and ALL verizon functionality.

BUT IM not doing it... Im not... Im staying silent... The voices in my head are so loud right now... Im quiet... I wont say it.....

Holly ****.... IM trying so hard..... Hide the lighter! This post is not even in the right forum!!!! Geta ll flamables out of the way... Dont think I can hold back any more.......

Nope we are good again... Just a fleeting moment of psychosis......
Ahahahahaha

Im trying hard guys not to flame this thread for all the reason I am noting.

Last edited by scrosler; 01-24-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Its desgnied for and by VZW users and VZW users only. The only kitchen to incorporate ALL the verizon drivers and ALL verizon functionality.
This is all I was asking for. I was not trying to start another "which ROM is best" thread, I laughed through all 40 or whatever pages of the last one....

I simply wanted some advice on which one was most likely to be compatible with my system. I don't care if it's the slowest ROM available, the one I'm running is plenty fast now.

~John
Old 01-24-2009, 06:18 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post

Check out my sig block!
Actually, I have my preference set here to not show the sigs. I got so tired of all the huge asinine flash sigs that had absolutely NOTHING to do with PPC's that I turned them off last year.....

~John
Old 01-24-2009, 06:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid

jc1409 is a n00b

John, assuming thread is not closed (...), please post your results and experiences. I'm in the exact same boat as you ROM-wise (Sprint TP, Verizon stock ROM, VZW service, no problems, used to flash my Titan at least weekly, etc...). I haven't yet taken the leap to flash from the stock VZW rom for the exact same reasons you mention (although I have not ever hard reset--still running fine since doing the VZW conversion last year, but getting the itch..). thanks
Old 01-24-2009, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid, TP, PalmPRE, TP2

aarondeep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aarondeep

In an attempt to stay on topic for this thread here is my take since I am using a sprint TP on verizon like you.
First thing first, don't bother using scrolsers rom on your device, it will give you alot of headaches and reset all your data settings and possibly make your GPS unusable. (this is on a verizionized sprint TP, im sure it works nice and dandy on a verizon device)

I would use one of GC's roms or use the rom I am currently using from drellisdee. I have had the most luck with those 2 roms on my device, without any annoying issues after installing them.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:40 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondeep View Post

I would use one of GC's roms or use the rom I am currently using from drellisdee. I have had the most luck with those 2 roms on my device, without any annoying issues after installing them.
I was already considering GC's, I have that downloaded & ready to go.

Where is drellisdee's ROM??

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro