PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 08:54 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVDO (Sprint) Connection Hang...

Not sure that's the right way to say it... but it's happened to me twice now (once each day) so I'm pretty sure its a problem

Symptom: EVDO is always connected (normal for me, I have all kinds of stuff running that uses the network periodically, so it never times out.) What happens is, at some point in a day the connection will be hung - email checks will be failing, browsing won't work. The connection state will show connected to EVDO, the connection timer will still be climbing, but any attempt at network activity will NOT show activity on the icon, it just stays in the dormant state.

Toggling data off and on in Connection Manager will, most of the time, recover it from this state. It has happened when the thing is just sitting in my house, and when moving about. Generally I have no signal issues @ home or around the bay area, so it seems unlikely its signal.

Used to happen with my apache thousands of years ago until we got custom roms and better radios. I'm running the stock Sprint Rom/Radio here, 1.0something radio.

Anyone else seeing this?
Old 01-25-2009, 09:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Maui6700dude is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: EVDO (Sprint) Connection Hang...

I have this same prob. I hesitated to start a thread outa noob fear. A weird thing to note is that I absolutely cannot disconnect my connection. I guess something (mail,etc) has been waiting connect and wont't give up. I've gone thru 2 hard resets because of this problem and one other that activesync just won't stay down either! And don't do anything (other than syncing to my pc) with activesync! I'm doing an absolute minimum install right now just a couple of apps. Got today agenda, pocket digital clock and WkTASK. I think some of my probs came from either advanced config or net3.5. We'll see.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

SS70Chevelle is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to SS70Chevelle

+1
Starting to have the same issues.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work

I had that when using Seven.
According to them it's a bug in Windows Mobile that can show up whenever any persistent connection is open.
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 01-25-2009, 04:08 PM
morsus mihi
Threadstarter

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well, so far today no hang... will keep you posted
Old 01-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've had the same problem on occassion.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:23 PM
morsus mihi
Threadstarter

Ugh. Hung @ 2:30, no rhyme nor reason. Just sitting there doing nothing.

Time to try random things that should not matter (tm) like flashing different radios and sacrificing small animals.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:43 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

hung on me 2 times today... i think it maybe the network with that pic mail cab for moguls

Old 01-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

been having this problem the last few days, wonder if Sprint is having network problems

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
Old 01-25-2009, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

da1stprince is keeping up the good workda1stprince is keeping up the good work

happens all the time with my phone,i was about to start a new thread concerning this issue but you beat me to it....wish there is a sensible fix for this,very annoying!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro