PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: verizon

texansson80 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where is HTC under asurions device details page?

I am trying to get my touch pro replaced but under the list of phone manufacturers I see no HTC. Does anybody else see this??
Old 01-11-2010, 12:47 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Re: Where is HTC under asurions device details page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansson80 View Post
I am trying to get my touch pro replaced but under the list of phone manufacturers I see no HTC. Does anybody else see this??
I think its listed under Utstarcom

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 01-11-2010, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic

Quote:
I would just call asurion for your replacement. I just replaced my wife's TP, and just got it today. They sent me a brand new TP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness231 View Post
I think its listed under Utstarcom
Actually UTstarcom doensn't handle these devices anymore. A company called PCD (Personal Communications Devices), handles device updates & support now.

Asurion is who does divice replacements.

Last edited by Relic; 01-14-2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
Actually UTstarcom doensn't handle these devices anymore. A company called PCD (Personal Communications Devices), handles device updates & support now.
So, in answer to the question (which concerned how these handsets are listed on the Asurion website), are you saying that on the Asurion website one needs to look for "PCD" under manufacturer? Last time I looked, they were in fact listed under "UTStarcom" as a previous poster had suggested.

It doesn't matter what company handles updates and support. All that matters is how the device is listed on the Asurion website.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
So, in answer to the question (which concerned how these handsets are listed on the Asurion website), are you saying that on the Asurion website one needs to look for "PCD" under manufacturer? Last time I looked, they were in fact listed under "UTStarcom" as a previous poster had suggested.

It doesn't matter what company handles updates and support. All that matters is how the device is listed on the Asurion website.
No what I am saying is: For a device replacement you call Asurion.
For device support (such as a new ROM Update) you can goto PCD (Personal Communications Devices) or through your Carrier (which many times they will send you to PCD anyways to download updates).

Since UTStarcom Diversified Its Personal Communications Division (Read about it here), hence why PCD took over support for certain devices from overseas, like HTC.

And your right, none of this has any bearing on the original question on this thread posted by texansson80 "Where is HTC under asurions device details page?"

But sinceDarkness231 posted "I think its listed under Utstarcom"

I wanted to clarify (which I am sorry that I didn't make clear in my earlier post) that UTStarcom (aswell as PCD) is NOT where you would goto for replacements.

So to properly answer the original question on this thread posted by texansson80 "Where is HTC under asurions device details page?"

You won't see HTC under their device details page, because you add the Asurion insurance through your carrier. So any make & model of your phone/device you purchase from you carrier is covered. So it would not matter if its not listed on Asurions site.

Last edited by Relic; 01-14-2010 at 05:09 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro