PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   kinoma freeplay and orb (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54698)

saecrow 01-24-2009 11:28 PM

kinoma freeplay and orb

While I await a moderator to approve my post on the kinoma support site, I figured I'd run my issue by you guys (should've come here first!). . . .
anyone else experiencing issues with kinoma freeplay not connecting with orb? this just started yesterday and nothing has changed on my touch pro. i have since updated orb to the latest version and reinstalled kinoma to no avail. i have two orb accounts for my desktop pc, both of which are working no problem when connecting via the www.mycast.orb.com site on the touch pro, but when trying either account through kinoma i get the error 199. hopefully someone has an answer, it's driving me crazy!
thanks for any help you can provide

Kash76 01-25-2009 01:44 AM

Re: kinoma freeplay and orb

I am having the same problem.

ou2mame 01-25-2009 06:28 AM

yeah same problem here... won't do anything. reinstalled kinoma, orb, no difference. jut says connecting, and then network err. that's it. it was working 2 days ago cause i was showing it off to my ex gf cause she has an iphone and it sucks lol

r1_rydah 01-25-2009 08:14 AM

I have the paid version, and its working fine

anthonyyang 01-25-2009 08:48 AM

I am having the same problem. I can access everything else on Kinoma but orb just says "connecting..." I hope they fix it soon.

Kash76 01-25-2009 09:28 AM

Mine is paid and isn't working.

zanda61 01-25-2009 12:03 PM

Hi Guys,

I have the paid version as well. I can connect to Orb just fine if I'm using a wifi connection on my touch pro. If I change the connection to EVDO revA, I get the network error that you've all experienced. Has anyone else tried switching to a wifi connection?

By the way, this problem seems to be specific to Kinoma because I can connect just fine over EVDO when I use PIE and windows media player.

On another note, Does anyone know of a way to force Kinoma player to use a constant bandwidth set at a lower bit rate? I have a pretty good signal, but it still ebbs and flows and it seems to make Kinoma player buffer a lot. When I use PIE and windows media player, I can set a constant bit rate and thing seem to behave more consistantly with no or rate moments of buffering.

Thanks guys,
Rick

Kash76 01-25-2009 01:28 PM

I would like a way to set the bandwidth as well.

r1_rydah 01-25-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r1_rydah (Post 665361)
I have the paid version, and its working fine

I was on wifi when I tested earlier, and it worked, and is still working... but its not working on the sprint network like everyone has stated... something tells me sprint has blocked a port related to orb...

AndyCR512 01-25-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r1_rydah (Post 665885)
something tells me sprint has blocked a port related to orb...

And so it begins... I fear Skype will be next...

Hope we're wrong.