PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Former: Treo 650, Sprint Touch, Sprint Mogul. Current: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

frostrambler is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to frostrambler
Re: What is Sprint sending me to replace my Touch Pro?

Well its easy to see if its new or refurb. ##778#.

I will call then, because I do deserve a new phone here.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

keep us posted and include the rom version, does it get hot, etc. thanx!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

theres no difference between a new one and a refurb. Refurbs are sent back and refurbished from the ground up in new housings and all. No normal person will be able to tell a refurb under normal circumstances. Ive used refurbs before of other phones and you couldnt tell they were refurbs except in the ## menus, they looked brand spanking new.

Not to say that you dont deserve a new one if you were under 30 days. I agree with you on that.

But its sickening seeing people here implying to play the system from some sense of self-entitlement to a new phone after 2 or 3 months. Its not like that for any other consumer retail good you buy in the store so why should it be different here. We all know the rules, under 30 days you can return for a new in box one. After that you get what they have, thats the system and is better than going through the manufacturer to ship it to them and wait 2-3 weeks. This just causes problems for other people when everyone wants a new one and shortages for people purchasing phones not including stricter rules from Sprint and Assurion if it becomes an issue.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 01-24-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Former: Treo 650, Sprint Touch, Sprint Mogul. Current: Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Im actually amazed Sprint is letting all of the Mogul users get a new Touch Pro, yet here I am stuck with a broken TP that I paid for, and might have to argue with Sprint to get a new one.

If *2 doesn't work, I will try the consumerist line. Since Im not within my 30 days anymore, I don't have that backup anymore, and I don't have a paper trail from either Sprint store about getting the phone replaced. But I will try my best, since I know I am in the right here.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

who's playing the system? the op doesn't want a refurb and neither do i. a refurb was problematic once in it's life. a new one is just that. so if you bought a phone and it's a refurb, you would just take it?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:16 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
theres no difference between a new one and a refurb. Refurbs are sent back and refurbished from the ground up in new housings and all. No normal person will be able to tell a refurb under normal circumstances. Ive used refurbs before of other phones and you couldnt tell they were refurbs except in the ## menus, they looked brand spanking new.
I'll have to go against you on that one...the only time I've had to use insurance (when I had my Mogul) I received a refurb that was scratched on the talk and end keys, the area right above the battery clip was worn and the "mirror" around the camera was scratched off.

However, I was able to get a new one free of charge since you get a 30 Day exchange policy on the refurbs.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO(no 4g)
Carrier: The big red machine

goonygugle is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
sprint likes their customers! just kidding but i couldn't resist!
do they still have the 1 hr wait times for customer service? i will keep my old battery you guys stay on hold
Old 01-24-2009, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
I'll have to go against you on that one...the only time I've had to use insurance (when I had my Mogul) I received a refurb that was scratched on the talk and end keys, the area right above the battery clip was worn and the "mirror" around the camera was scratched off.

However, I was able to get a new one free of charge since you get a 30 Day exchange policy on the refurbs.

I see, so I could go into a store and exchange the refurb for a new one?

I'm thinking of going by the *2 route, since I am in the right here, but it may be hard to prove.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:20 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
who's playing the system? the op doesn't want a refurb and neither do i. a refurb was problematic once in it's life. a new one is just that. so if you bought a phone and it's a refurb, you would just take it?
because theres a 30 day return policy for a reason. if youre within 30 days sure you deserve a new one since you could fully return if and repurchase a new one. After that what makes you entitled to a new one over anyone else? What you personally want is irrelevant to the system they have in place. So if you but a car with a defect off the lot you and demand a new one? No you let it be repaired, same concept here. If its repaired properly theres no difference. People just have this skewed view on cell phones because again they can get away with such antics.

If everyone wants a new phone who foots that bill? I surely am not going to pay higher rates and insurance prices for people doing this. The system is what is it for a reason and you agreed to that system. Be happy you dont have to mail it to HTC to get it repaired with a 2-3 week turn around period like most other products.

And people wonder why Sprint is in such bad shape, because its customers take advantage of them just as much as people think they do to their customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post

well again thats why i said normally, of course those stories happen in which you SHOULD complain at that point.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 01-24-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonygugle View Post
do they still have the 1 hr wait times for customer service? i will keep my old battery you guys stay on hold
i'm from ohio.you sound like a family member! btw good comeback!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro